Perform service light

Gas20

Hey guys, question? I was driving my 2007 ram 2500 yesterday and at 67,500 miles the perform service light came on in the overhead console. Now I know that the EGR valve and cooler and all is to be serviced at this mileage . Now back at 56,000 and some the turbo blew and all the EGR stuff was clogged and all that was serviced. My question is would the light come on automatically at 67,500 miles or is the egr crap really need to be serviced with just about 12,000 miles? Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gary,
The computer probably just needs to be reset if you have already done the service. Trace

Mizmary

Check the owners manual. Many newer cars have a notice that shows like that at certain mileage. There is some combination of pumping the gas pedal and turning the key on and off.

Our truck did that right away when we purchased it- it just was saying it needed an oil change because it had been 3000 miles since the last one. No worries!

Gas20

We'll the owners Manuel on the truck says service the egr stuff at 67,500 miles and that is when the light came on. I tried the brake pedal land ignition switch but that didn't,t clear the Perform Service message. Like I stated earlier there is only about 12,000 miles since the egr was serviced, so maybe just needs the computer reset. Thanks everyone

Rrloren

At 67500 that should be the CCV filter needs to be changed. It's located under the valve cover. It is not difficult to change if you are a DIY'er.

hoefler

At that mileage, the computer will automatically through the service message. The CCV filter needs changed, the EGR and the EGR Cooler needs to be cleaned. When the turbo was replaced, this service, most likely, was not performed. All the EGR stuff is before the turbo, even if you had a catastrophic failure, it would not have any affect on the EGR system.