Picking up my new 2011 Bighorn 3185RL

millenma

I am picking up my new 2011 Bighorn 3185RL this thursday can't wait. We are trading in a 2008 Keystone Copper cayon. Ready seams the people like the Heartland campers does and one own a 3185RL and do you still like it?

jimtoo

Hi millenma,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

When you go to pickup your new unit,,, take lots of time and do a really good PDI. Try to get everything fixed before you leave if at all possible. If not make notes and have dealer acknowledge the problems so he will fix them later.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations on your new Big Horn. Hope your camping trips go well. Don't have the same model but we sure do love our 3670 RL. Check out the Heartland Owners Club and your local HOC chapter. Benefits include coach plate, name tags, discount on parts ordered from Heartland discount on registration to the National Heartland Rally.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am picking up my new 2011 Bighorn 3185RL this thursday can't wait. We are trading in a 2008 Keystone Copper cayon. Ready seams the people like the Heartland campers does and one own a 3185RL and do you still like it?

Although we have only been out on one weekend trip with our 3185 I can tell you we love it! We have friends with the same unit in the 2010 model year and they are still happy as well. A good PDI with the dealership will go a long way towards your happiness. Congratulations on becoming a member of the family!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Big Horn. Heartland makes a great product. Best advice I can give is switch every switch, run every water line including the showers, run the landing gear up/down many times, etc, etc, etc. Enjoy and travel safely.

Mtnflyer

Our new 2012 Big Horn 3185 should be delivered any day now. Still deciding on a hitch that will allow us to use the truck bed when not towing. Any advice is welcome. Also looking for an inspection checklist. I'd much rather find things before we drive it away from the dealer. Suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mtnflyer, congratulations on getting your new 3185. Do a search on this forum for PDI, you should get some information.
The main things are to have the dealer demonstrate all appliances. Have the refer cooling, heater heating, AC cooling, TV playing etc. Have the water hooked up and check for leaks under the cabinets and look in the basement. Have them put some water in the fresh water tank and try the water pump. Again look for leaks in the basement.
Be sure to check the lug nut torque. Tires inflated to the max listed on the sidewall. This is important.
Check all the lighting.
Check the allignment of the slides when open and closed.
In short, check everything you see. The dealer might not like taking that much time, but you are the buyer and it is important to you.
Good luck and enjoy your new rig.

Peace
Dave