Pin box cover to mor/ryde pin box

FARMER45

I have just put a mor ryde pin box on my BH can the old cover be made to fit. If not what is the best way to fill in the gap around the pin box

porthole

Retired
My pin box cover has been in the basement since I brought the trailer home 3 years ago.

There is a trim piece that is available from Heartland that will clean up the area between the pin box and trailer. Still haven't ordered it for mine though.

GOTTOYS

I think the cover can be trimmed to fit. I have seen several people that used aluminum flat stock to trim along the edge. I don't have any trim on mine around my Trail Air. It looks okay to me...Don

donr827

I ordered my BH from the factory with the Mor/ryde pin box. Was told that they would not supply the cover with the mor/ryde pin box.
Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's easily trimmed to fit a 5th Airborne. Looking at a picture of the Mor/Ryde pin, it looks like you could modify it to dress it up, too. With the 5th AB, I had to drill and tap two holes in the "nose" to be able to secure the cover.

porthole

Retired
The M/R pin box is too big in the hips for the cover. If trimmed to fit, you would have nothing left but the top.