Pin Box Poll

Pin Box Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
After reading through threads on the forum, I have narrowed my choices to a couple.
As far as ease of use, quality, customer service, ride, etc. which one would you go with?
I have a 2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Dually, and will have an air ride system.

1. Mor Ryde
2. 5th Airborne

jbeletti

I voted Mor/ryde since that's what I have and as I've never used a 5th Airborne.

The pinbox I feel performed the best* for me was the Trailair with Tri-Glide lower jaw.

*I did end up destroying one of these for unknown reasons (followed greasing intervals closely too).

TxPatriot

Texas Nomads
I voted Mor/ryde since that's what I have and as I've never used a 5th Airborne.

The pinbox I feel performed the best* for me was the Trailair with Tri-Glide lower jaw.

*I did end up destroying one of these for unknown reasons (followed greasing intervals closely too).

Thanks for the info!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have had the Fifth Airborne on my past 2 Fifth wheels and love it!! I get no bucking or jarring when going over rough surfaces. It made a huge difference from stock. As far as the Mor/ryde, I have not used it so I can not comment.

dieseldogsdad

Has anyone tried the new Flex-air from trailair. I emailed lippert just to verify which pin box I have and the told me that the tri-glide was no longer available. They said I would have to go with the 328492 Flex-air. It combines the roto-flex pivot with the trailair bag and shock. I have been unable to find very much info on the new Flex-air other than what is on lipperts website. It is not even shown on ultra-fab website. It does appear to be about $250 cheaper than the tri-glide. So does anyone know anything about the Flexair?

AAdams

I didn't vote... If you are going to have a fixed hitch I would go with the TrailAir or 5th Airborne. If you have a hitch like the Hensley BD3 then I would go for the MorRyde. After our last trailer with airbags on the truck and a MorRyde the jolting up/down on rough roads was still there but fore aft chucking was reduced a lot. If you get a hitch without air then I would say you would improve your towing experience by having the air in the pin. I also believe that having air somewhere between your truck and rig will help reduce the fatigue on the trailer and the frame/suspension of the truck.

Jim-Lynn

I just got a new F350 with the 5th wheel prep kit installed by Ford. I was not aware at the time, & was not told the ONLY hitch that fits is the Reese Elite. Now I have spoken to many people using the Elite and they are extremely happy.

dalspot

We have a B&W in our Ford with the factory prep. You can also get a Curt that will fit the pucks.

AAdams

Hensley has an adapter for the Fords puc system. It drops in and you then have rails. The picture below is from Hensley's web site, shown with the BD3 hitch
Trailer-saver-ford.jpg