Pin Box

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
There is so much conflicting opinions on pin boxes I needed to come and ask the folks I have trust in. I do not want to spend a ton of money on a new box but know we need to up grade. Does the mor ryde box do what is says? I am sure the air boxes are better such as the trail air, but again, I have other upgrades and beer I want to buy as well. I appreciate those of you who read this and respond with your opinions.

Beer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mmmmm . . . Beer . . .

I've been wondering about a better pin box as well.

Although we don't really have any chucking issues to speak of, so I'm not sure if it is worth the price.

mlpeloquin

I decided on the Trailair Flex Air pin box. Other people love the Mor Ryde. Mor Ride will help with the chucking a lot. The Flex Air has the rubber pad as well, but also has the airbag. I love it. Smoothed out the ride in the truck and you can see the 5er just float. No more shock into the front frames.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Mike & John,

Don put in a Mor Ryde last year. I just finished quizzing him as to why so I can parrot it back to you :rolleyes: He says "...yes, Mor Ryde does not have anywhere near the hammering, jarring, jerking the old pin box had plus, it wasn't at all complicated putting it on (no air to put into the bladder, blah, blah, blah:eek:)." He also said "...it was money well-spent."

Mike, if we end up going to the M&G this Saturday you can pick his brain some more:)

Monica

JohnD

Mike, if we end up going to the M&G this Saturday you can pick his brain some more:)

Monica

Mike . . . better take your brain pickin' tools!

I have to work so I can't make the M&G, but Cathy is planning on going unless the snow is bad!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have the Trail Air with tri-glide and really like it. It does require a certain amount of maintenance, keeping the air bladder filled and lubricating the tri-glide mechanism. It's not too bad and the ride is worth it to me.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok, we'll play. We like our 5th Airborne. Bought it after our 2nd trip with the ElkRidge back in 2010. Can't compare to others, but we bought it because it was cheaper than others. We haven't really done anything to it, except maybe replace the valve stem innards one time. We check and air the bag before a trip, that's usually it.

We had it moved from the ElkRidge to the Big Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jv75353

Put on a Mor Ryde last summer before our first big trip. Glad we did, it improved the ride and we are very happy with our decision. Good luck with your search!

jnbhobe

I had the Tri-Glide it was defective, had a hassle with LCI to get warranty. I bought a 5th Airborne and never looked back.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also switched a few years back to the 5th Airborne. Night and day over the OEM pin box, and the pin box cover is easily modified to cover it.

JohnD

I'm new to 5th-wheeling (10 months since we bought our Prowler), so maybe I don't know what to look for.

However, after six campouts and 2,000 miles on our recent trek to the Tucson Rodeo Rally, I just don't see any issues that we are having with our current setup.

We have a Reese 16K Pro Slider hitch with the stock MorRide king pin and a trailer that weighs in at less than 10,500 lbs . . .

NewReeseSliderHitch-P1000052.jpg ProwlerPigtail-P1000474.jpg ProwlerPigtail-P1000462.jpg

coram8

Just got the Morryde delivered to my house this afternoon. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get around to installing it. I did the research before hand just like you are and came to the conclusion that the Morryde was a great, middle of the road choice. I get the benefit of a much improved pin box, and didn't have to pay anything with a comma in it. That also allowed me to buy a couple of more mods!!!

Good luck with your research!

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I ordered the morryde on our 2015 and it was a world of difference from our 2 prior 5th wheels. Makes the ride so much better.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
One more vote for Mor/Ryde. Been on the BH for 8 years with no problems. If you order one....make sure you get one rated for the GVW of your trailer.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
MorRyde here. Add-on at the dealership prior to delivery. Only pin on our only 5er but I like its performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

John, that is a stock Lippert pin box in your picture, A Mor-Ryde pinbox slides on rubber springs to cushion the ride.

Yup . . . you are right . . . I wasn't thinking straight when I typed that.