pipes freezing

i understand that several of you have frozen pipes in cold weather well we had that problem also an there is a 2 inch heat duct for the basement that comes off your furance an ours was not equipted with it they neglected to put it on when they built it among other things they forgot.

Jim-n-Leslie

Because Leslie and I were planning on a camping trip over New years weekend, I kept the camper at 55 degrees (propane). The basement holds the heat well, keeping the piping from freezing. I also removed the cover hiding the furnace, piping, etc. from the basement so I can (1) monitor the area and (2) allow the heating to reach all of the basement better than if I did not take it off. Unfortunately, we have had an unusually cold winter, and I did not track the propane as closely as I should have one night and it ran out. The only thing that suffered was an inlet strainer with a plastic cap the froze, cracked, and popped off. I replaced it, and everything is working fine. I walked all of the piping, but it appears everything else is holding well. Last weekend I finally laid up the trailer and it is sitting out the rest of the winter with pot-water system anti-freeze in its pipes.
Jim