Plastic Sinks

blkdodge

Anyone ever replace the bathroom or bedroom sinks. Im pretty sure direct replacements would be next to impossible to get.

Wife wants something nicer than plastic.

Thoughts?

blkdodge

Re: Plreplacedastic Sinks

Tile was suppose to say Plastic Sinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JanAndBill

Re: Plreplacedastic Sinks

This is one of my upgrade projects (including faucets) that I want to do. I had to change out the drain on ours (cheap plastic tube cracked), and I want to say that the sink in ours is just a bottom mount sink. I haven't gotten far enough to look at replacements, but there should be something out there. I'd also be interested in know what others have done.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When replacing faucets, the holes for the bathroom are probably standard. The kitchen faucet may not have the standard 3 holes that most replacements need.

The ElkRidge kitchen had two holes only, so we replaced with a taller arched faucet from Duro, the OEM. (Still plastic, but works better!)

We also replaced bath with a Duro taller arch bath faucet also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever replace the bathroom or bedroom sinks. Im pretty sure direct replacements would be next to impossible to get.

Wife wants something nicer than plastic.

Thoughts?

Yes it is really tough to direct replace as most kitchen and bathroom sinks come with mounting holes drilled for faucets. If you're buying a new faucet for an existing sink or vice versa, you'll need to match the hardware to the number and spacing of the holes in the sink but you can install a base plate to cover an extra hole in the sink or countertop, but don't try to drill additional holes in an existing sink or countertop.
Try Stainless steel it is the betterer option i think

jimtoo

Hi eskandaristone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You don't have the RV type you have, but that's OK. We welcome all to the forum and hope you can gain some knowledge or help us with some of your knowledge.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A quick Google search provided plenty of sinks to choose from.
Several different types of plastic drilled, non drilled and stainless drilled and non drilled.
All in several configurations for bath and kitchen.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just for info, the undermount stainless steel sinks we have, with a single post faucet, do not have holes in them for the faucet mounting. You could put any single post faucet in that you like, so long as the sink flange doesn't extend too far. For weight, I'd look for an RV style sink, not a true residential.

View attachment 29797

blkdodge

All of our sinks are undermounted with granite countertops. Faucet holes are not an issue which I will also replace the faucets. I have seen a few sinks that are DROPIN which I do not want.