Plastic Strips on Slideout Roof

paperbag1

I have a 33BUDS and on the roof of both of the slideouts, there are a few black plastic strips which are about 6" long by 3/4" wide. One edge is is turned up slightly. They were applied with a black double sided tape to the roof of the slideout. There are 2 or 3 of these strips on each slide and they are on the outside edge of the roof. What are these for? We camped in the rain recently and when I swept off the slide roof (tons of acorns), most of them were just laying there completely detached. Do I need to reinstall these?

Thanks,
PF

CDN

B and B
Hello,
These strips are used to flip the gasket over when moving the slide. If the gaskets flip over without them leave them off. In my case they are not needed as the gaskets do flip over.

Gary521

If these do not stick, Heartland has more that you can order or hold them down with Eterabond tape.

jerryjay11

A tip that may help some folks. I use a broom handle (without broom) to set my side seals when they don't flip as they should. Beats climbing on the roof or pulling out the ladder to get the top of the seals seated. I had used a telescoping ladder that I carry in the basement to get to the top seal, but lately they have been behaving.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
A tip that may help some folks. I use a broom handle (without broom) to set my side seals when they don't flip as they should. Beats climbing on the roof or pulling out the ladder to get the top of the seals seated. I had used a telescoping ladder that I carry in the basement to get to the top seal, but lately they have been behaving.

Another tip:

I bought a telescoping RV awning hook/wand, used to pull out a manual RV awning, and use that to flip the rubber seals out on the slides.

Those little plastic thingys are always falling off on my Prowler!

https://www.campingworld.com/the-magic-awning-wand

Got mine at a Pep Boys auto parts store in their tiny RV section...

Of course...the hot Arizona desert sun doesn't help matters much, either!