PLEASE HELP! Turning off water to the bathroom faucet

tennbrad

Having problems with the bathroom faucet shower toggle so I took it down to see what the deal is, now I can't get the faucet back together so that everything turns off properly. Is there anyway to turn off the water to the bathroom faucet only so that I can continue to use toilet/kitchen sink while I get this figured out?

Thanks so much,
BRad

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I am not familiar with the access you have in a MPG but assuming you can get to the water lines feeding the faucet, you could cut both lines and install a "test plug" in both lines. You will need a PEX crimp tool, either pinch or crimp style.

If you dont want to spend the money for the crimp tool, you could pick up a couple of sharkbites, install them on the end of the cut lines. They make a sharkbite with a shutoff off valve, then when you are ready to connect the water just reinstall the cut lines from the faucet and supply side into a sharkbite coupler.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
An installed water manifold would make your predicament painless, alas only a lucky few have trailers with them installed. Short of capping the line as SouthernNights suggest above, your only other option is to repair/replace the faucet as soon as you can.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Having problems with the bathroom faucet shower toggle so I took it down to see what the deal is, now I can't get the faucet back together so that everything turns off properly. Is there anyway to turn off the water to the bathroom faucet only so that I can continue to use toilet/kitchen sink while I get this figured out?

Thanks so much,
BRad

I realize you posted this in the MPG section but it would help if you would put the type of RV you have in the signature as it helps quickly determine the type of RV you have and hence get a quicker more accurate response. Just saying....

Wharton

Just as an aside. As part of our trailer purchase we had our dealer put on cut off valves for all water lines. We have had this done on our lst 2 trailers, sure saves a lot of grief. I don't know why mfgs. don't do this normally or at least offer it as part of an option.