Please Pray for ...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Update 3 - they think Butch had a seizure with some neuro damage. Karen has asked for Prayers that Butch will work thru this.

Nabo

Update 4 - sorry but we have been traveling all day. Here is what Karen has posted: "Butch is doing very good today. The doctor came in, and Butch's cross eyes and vision issues were caused by the balance nerve that they removed from behind the left ear. They have been doing tests on him all day, and his neurological issues seem to be okay now, as they were related to this. They said he will be dizzy and have balance issues for a few days or weeks. Praise God that everything appears to be okay. God is good! We give God the praise and honor and glory for Butch, and what God has done. Thank you for your prayers. Our family is forever grateful!"

Nabo

9/8 Update on Butch - He is doing very good!
Posted by rvsforless at 16:32, September 8 2012.
Butch is doing very good today. He is Very tired! They came in every 45 minutes to an hour last night and woke him up to check on him for neurologically issues mainly . His blood pressure is up today and he is very tired. Both doctors are very pleased with the surgery and say it Was very successful. He has only had some pain yesterday morning after the surgery. God is good. We thank Him and praise Him for all He has done and will continue to do in Butch's life!

This was posted by Karen on Saturday. I have not contacted them today, waiting till Monday after the Drs. have time to check him out.

FordMan1966

Update from rvsforless website Butch is doing great and has been up walking and is in a regular room today and may go home Monday. Great News!

Nabo

Update 6 - Karen just sent me this info as well as posting it on the RVS for Less website:

"Butch may get to come home today. We are waiting on one of the surgeons to see him. He has to walk with a walker because of his balance. He will have to go to physical therapy for a while to regain balance since they removed his balance nerve from behind the left ear. He has purked up a lot since yesterday. They are amazed how well he is doing!!! God is soooooo good!"

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated Byrd. What a miracle God had allowed Butch to be a part of.

Enjoy Edisto-Sam is working this weekend so we will not be coming down but will see you in Waynesville. As of right now, I can stop by Rvs for less and pick up everything the Wed. or Thurs,. before the rally. I will let you know if anything changes.

Nabo

Butch's stitches 9-'12.jpg For those who haven't heard - Butch is back in Knoxville, TN (home). Here is a picture that Karen sent to me of the cut/stitches. Thank you for all of your prayers but please continue to Pray for a speedy recovery.

Nabo

Larry - We are still planning to bringing the bags to the NC/SC rally unless you get them before I come in on Thursday. Just let me know what might happen.

Edisto Beach has been breezy today with winds still blowing between 15-20 tonight. Went ahead and pulled the awnings in cuz I want to sleep tonight. Hope things will work out that ya'll could come down.

Nabo

Butch has been re-admitted to Vanderbilt with bacteria meningitus. He was taken there yesterday (Thursday) by ambulance after not feeling well this past weekend. Karen called me today asking for Prayers and letting me know of his condition. As of today, his white blood count is down to 1200 from 1400 with them having him on a couple of antibiotics. Karen did say that he is starting to feel a little better as well as starting to eat again (he hasn't eaten anything since the weekend). Also pray for Karen in that she is coming down with a fall cold or sinus infection. I will let everyone know as we get more info.

jjwink

Butch and Karen are such great Christian witnesses. They have maintained their faith that God will heal Butch. We should all have such faith. We will be praying for healing for Butch and that Karen will have increased strength to fight off her illness.

MCTalley

We stopped by RVs for Less on our way home from family reunions about the time this thread was started (late August). Butch sure has been through a lot. We'll pray for Butch and Karen as they work through this latest setback. Hope they both feel better soon.

Nabo

Butch has developed a pretty bad headache which doesn't seem to be responding to pain medicine. His blood pressure is good so the drs don't think the headache is related to it but a possibility could be fluids building around the brain. Will give updates as I get them.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We went by RVsForLess Thursday and talked to Karen. Her faith is strong and she is upbeat considering all she has been through. Please continue to pray for Butch and the family.

Nabo

Just received word from Karen. She said "Butch is doing pretty good today but having head, neck and back pain right now. They have him on lots of antibiotics. Still waiting on culture to grow to see what type of menengitis that he has. They are thinking bacterial. They are planning on removing stitches tomorrow and installing a pic-line & will go home with 2-3 weeks of antibiotics. Continue to pary for 100% healing."