Please Pray for ...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Butch came home on Monday but is back at Vanderbilt today. This morning when he get up, there was fluid coming out of the incision, which at this time. they are not sure if it's spinal fluid or not. The doctors are accessing the problem. Will let ya know as things develops.

Nabo

Karen just sent me this message. Thought I would forward it. She says:
"Procedure is over. They are draining fluid through a tube from the spine. This will take 3-4 days. The catscan showed a build up of fluid on the brain. According to the doctors this is not uncommon for the surgery that he had. If they cannot drain the fluid like it should, they will install a shunt in the brain to drain fluid. The shunt would be permanent. Please pray that he would not have to have this done. Thanks for all the prayers!!!"

Nabo

This was posted by Karen this morning. She said:

9/27/12 8:21am Butch is in terrible pain - please pray!
Posted by rvsforless
at 07:24, September 27 2012.
It is 2;00 in the morning and butch is having to have morphine every four hours for pain. He is in tremendous pain in his back ( where they did the lumbar procedure ) and his headache. His pain scale on a scale of 1-10 is a 11! Throughout this entire process he has not been in pain like this! Please pray against this extreme pain! It hurts me deeply to see him in sooo much pain!!!!
Thanks to everyone who is praying around the clock for him!

Karen Burson

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Nabo...tell Karen I had the same problem after a lumbar spinal tap...they did a Blood patch, using my blood to "clot" the hole that was leaking causing the fluid leak. The headache disappeared very quickly after that...

Nabo

I will pass the info to Karen kakampers and thanks. Karen did just text me this info about how Butch did today:

"Butch is having a better day but still having pain from the lumbar procedure and headaches. The doctors are very pleased with the draining of the fluid and his white blood count is down to 400. Continue to pray for 100% healing. Thank you for your prayers!"

B--

Nabo

This was posted on the RVS for Less website yesterday:

9/28/12 9:30pm Butch still needs prayer for total healing and pray that there is no need of a shunt.
Posted by rvsforless
at 23:03, September 28 2012.
Butch remains about the same today. He is still in pain in his back from the lumbar puncture procedure where the drain is draining his spinal fluid and he continues to have a headache that will not go away. The doctors are still pleased with the drainage from the spine and infectious disease doctors are pleased with the white blood count. Butch will remain at Vanderbilt over the weekend. They will remove the spinal drain on Monday and give him 24 hours to see If the spinal fluid will drain from the brain normally . If not then they will schedule him to have a shunt to be installed in the brain ( not sure if this will take place next week or they will bring him back later for this procedure). Again, please be praying that his spinal fluid will drain normally. We need Butch to be totally healed and get to go home and complete his recovery. We are both so Looking forward to going to Savannah ,Ga to Tybee beach on vacation October 16,2012.

Karen Burson

Nabo

This was posted by Karen this morning.

10/3/12 8:32AM Butch is going home today
Posted by rvsforless
at 08:21, October 3 2012.
Butch is being released from Vanderbilt hospital today!!! Praise God!!!! We really need everyone to pray ,pray, pray because he is retaining fluid again on the brain. Doctors have been in this morning and say there is more puffiness and swelling today than there was yesterday . They are going to let him go home today BUT if the swelling continues or if the spinal fluid begins to leak again or he gets a bad headache then we will have to return and surgery will be scheduled to have a shunt installed. I am begging and pleading with God to miraculously heal him. He needs to go home and finish healing. He has had so many IV's that they cannot even find a good vein anymore. He has blood spots all over his stomach from the hepern shots (this keeps him from getting blood clots while lying in bed) . His fingers have been pricked so much ( checking his blood sugar) that the end is the fingers look like prunes. He has stitches in his back from the lumbar drain and bruises all over his arms, back and stomach from needles. My heart hurts for him and I just desire for him to be in good health and well again. We both are looking forward to going home today and we will be praying that we get to stay home!!!!!!

jbeletti

Bill,

I thought the same exact thing when I saw it on the news this morning - especially when it included Tennessee.

Nabo

Butch and I are home!!!! Praise God!!! It feels so good to be home after 8 days in the hospital!
> The brain is filling up with fluid again. It had double today what it had yesterday. They let us come home and they said to "watch it". If it does not swell up much bigger then they are okay but if it swells up and butch has a headache , vision problems. Vomits, or of fluid comes out of the incision again or the nostrils then call them and plan on going back to Vanderbilt for,the shunt surgery. The neurologists believes we will be back for the surgery. He was not very optimistic. I told him that we were believers and we were going to pray pray pray. He agreed and said that that would be the only way that he would.not be returning. It could take a few days or a week to swell up enough that we would have to go back. I am begging God to heal him!!! We are so tired and weary and he is depressed from lying in a bed for. 8 days and sleeping and watching tv and feeling miserable and being stuck by needles in his belly and arms. We saw an awesome sunset tonight and we both thanked God and praised him. It was so good to see a sunset! Continue to pray, pray, pray!!!!

This was a posting by Karen earlier today.