Plumbing issues on BC 4010RD.

Thanks but we don't tow our trailer..we store at ocean lakes in myrtle and love 8 hrs away but I really appreciate all the help

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When set to Sanitize/Winterize, city water flows to the input side of the pump (which is also connected to the fresh tank). Normally when adding bleach or antifreeze, it's sucked in by the pump. But city water is pressurized. So some of it will flow backwards from the input side of the pump, to the tank, causing an overflow.

Seems awfully coincidental that they think the faceplate is wrong and that sanitize/winterize is really city. The faceplate is stamped and can't be wrong. But the cartridge could be installed in the wrong orientation. If it were, when set to city, you'd really be in sanitize/winterize and would be filling the fresh tank. That being the case, if you switched it to sanitize/winterize, it should resume normal operation.

The cartridge can be easily removed and re-inserted correctly if it's actually in wrong. Maybe you need to go to CW and show them the service document for the valve. Here's a link.
If I get there and decide I'd like to talk further..could I call you and if so what is your number..sounds like you know what you are doing..we have only owned a fifth wheel for 3 years and really never had a problem

danemayer

If I get there and decide I'd like to talk further..could I call you and if so what is your number..sounds like you know what you are doing..we have only owned a fifth wheel for 3 years and really never had a problem

I'll send you a PM with contact info.

danemayer

When set to Sanitize/Winterize, city water flows to the input side of the pump (which is also connected to the fresh tank). Normally when adding bleach or antifreeze, it's sucked in by the pump. But city water is pressurized. So some of it will flow backwards from the input side of the pump, to the tank, causing an overflow.

Turns out I was wrong about the Sanitize/Winterize setting possibly causing water to flow into the fresh tank when hooked up to city water.

I've been thinking about it and today got a chance to look at the plumbing on a Landmark with the 4-way valve. The only path for water to flow back to the fresh tank is through the 4-way valve. So if the tank is filling when it's not supposed to, it's probably a failure on the center cartridge of the valve.

Btw, the cartridge is pretty easy to remove. There's a setscrew that needs to be loosened (the one I just looked at the setscrew is at the 11 o'clock position). Once loosened, you can push the cartridge IN and rotate counter-clockwise about 30-45 degrees, then pull it out. There may be a fair amount of friction from the o-rings so pliers may be needed. As you're removing it, pay attention to the orientation so you can get it back in place with the same orientation.

Mrsfish

Turns out I was wrong about the Sanitize/Winterize setting possibly causing water to flow into the fresh tank when hooked up to city water.

I've been thinking about it and today got a chance to look at the plumbing on a Landmark with the 4-way valve. The only path for water to flow back to the fresh tank is through the 4-way valve. So if the tank is filling when it's not supposed to, it's probably a failure on the center cartridge of the valve.

Btw, the cartridge is pretty easy to remove. There's a setscrew that needs to be loosened (the one I just looked at the setscrew is at the 11 o'clock position). Once loosened, you can push the cartridge IN and rotate counter-clockwise about 30-45 degrees, then pull it out. There may be a fair amount of friction from the o-rings so pliers may be needed. As you're removing it, pay attention to the orientation so you can get it back in place with the same orientation.

Dan, I'm sure you know this, but the Anderson valve had a problem with some of their cartridges from around this time period. Another post on the forum listed the customer service number- I called and they sent a replacement cartridge as well as full instructions