Plumbing question

MdMike

I just winterized my 2011 Elkridge 29bhck. I had issues removing the panel to get to the valves that needed to be turned to allow the pump to transfer the antifreeze to the plumbing. Is there an easier way? I am thinking of cutting the panel into two pieces and attaching a backing to the side closest to the entry side of the camper this making it only necessary to remove a 2 foot section on the water station side to reach the pump and valves.

Any thoughts?? I would do this come spring when I get ready for the season.

jnbhobe

I took out the screws and mounted 2 pr of hinges up. Now I use hitch pins for the pins and the whole panel comes out in two seconds. Works real good.

danemayer

It's pretty easy to add a piano hinge along the bottom edge of the panel so that it opens and lays down flat. I use a bungee cord with eye hooks near the top edge to keep it closed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A removeable panel section, rather than hinges, will allow you access without having to empty the basement. I modified my basement walls, more for inspection of the plumbing than valve access. And so I can get at my remounted converter and suppressor, should I need to. I changed from tabs to barrel bolts after I had them in for a while.

View attachment 22219View attachment 22220

MdMike

I like the idea of the panel... My wall in my fifth wheel basement is one piece all the way across and it is a pain in the lower backside (quite literally) to work in there removing it. So a panel it will be. Thanks for the ideas folks, I see a trip to Home Depot coming up later next week!