Votes: 13 3.7%

Votes: 18 5.1%

Votes: 72 20.6%

Votes: 189 54.0%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 58 16.6%

• Total voters

ccd001

I would have to give my 2008 BH 3055 a quality rating of 5. I couldn't say about Heartland service because I haven't any issue that required me to take back to dealer. The 3055 is very well built and we like is has much today as we did in 09/2007
when we bought it. Had a 07 other brand and it was a nightmare with quality issues
so I really appreciate Heartland and the BH 3055.
CD
20087 BH 3055
2007 Chev 3500cc
Duramax/Allison

irvin56

Five

We have had tt before and been in lots of sob, when camping with diff. people.

Ours it definatly well built as far as I'm concerned.:cool:

Spend 35 days and drove it around for quite a few trips and everything held up and only miror things arouse, but heartland stood up on the warranty work that had to be done.
(without and problems and hassles with them or dealer)None

Bobby A

As a recent retiree from Chrysler, at the warren truck manufacturing plant, the emphasis on quality and quality control on each and every unit that rolls off the line has been just incredible the last several years. I certainly would think that in these economic hard times that any edge you can get on the competition would greatly improve your chances of a customer. I would think these rv manufactures would recognize this and ensure near perfect quality on each and ever unit that roll off their lines. Especially now, how many rv manufactures are about to go under !! Last count it was 10. They know the problem areas on these units, they just need to take the time to get it right the first time. It really is not rocket science.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
There are always room for improvement, but as a first timer i have to give a 4 all the way around, except a 5 for Jim Beletti, our great Heartland Director of Owner Interests, 5 for the great Heartland Owners that we have met along the way and the special tool belt folks on this forum who help me all the time. I would have been out of RVing after a month if it wasn't for all of you. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
This is our 3rd Rv and while as stated none are perfect, our Bighorn is 2nd to none. It gets a BIG 4

HOSS

This being our first RV, I belive we are ahead of the curve with Heartland and the Bighorn. I rate an overall 4 because as stated above there is always room for improvement. If Heartland takes to heart this great forum and steps up their QC policies and addresses some of the reacurring issues they will come out on top and stay on top with the best products out there. I have yet to meet anyone from this forum but the help and advise and ideas I have received from here is priceless. Jim does an outstanding job.

Thanks, for a wonderful forum.

HOSS

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
I agree with mrcomer. Heartland service is incredible. We'd also rate our dealer, Explore USA, as the top. Any issues we've had have been addressed with coutesy and promptness. We've been in more expensive and bigger units, but really love the 3055 for our use. We'll stay with Heartland as a brand because the way they treat the customer. Our next purchase may be in 2014 and we'll look at a toy hauler and put a 2 seat small car in the back.

New Sundance 310QB Purchase

I am a new Sundance 310QB owner (Feb 07,2009). I am in line with most in rating the overall quality a 4. The design, looks, tracking, and weight are great. However the fit and finish are lacking. I had to re-attach a trim panel on the slide and re-align the cabinets so they would not rub against each other. Luckily I read this forum before purchasing and new ahead of time to tighten the plumbing connections.

bigredtruck

This is our first brand new 5er (Cyclone 3210) and while we love the unit and the quality, there were things that should have been noticed and fixed in the factory -pocket door scraping on a too long screw, for example. DH is a handy guy so anything we haven't liked (garage TV in an awkward spot, no insulation in the belly) we have been able to do ourselves. But the Heartland price is right compared to other brands and doing the little preference-type things keeps us out of trouble. At this point, my biggest complaint would be the absence of a spark on the stove, especially the oven. Not bad really.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Very Happy!

We are very happy with our 3055RL. We had a water leak upon delivery but anyone who has previously purchased RV's has come to expect that. We have owned 9 trailers from various manufacturer's and this is by far the best built unit we have purchased. Crossroads Trailer Sales fixed the cracked connection at the water heater by-pass without question.

rdctx13

Rating the Big Horn

From the first time I saw the Big Horn I knew it was the 5er I wanted. With the exception of promblems I experienced with my 2007, 3500RL, axles it has given me great service. I have lived in mine for 21/2 years.. Everything still works well and I have had zero problems. I will rate a 4 and 5 for Heartland, when I finally found the right person for my problem it went very smoothly and they were very considerate of my full-time situation. And I love the forum, Jim does a great job with it and it is very helpful when you need help..Thanks roy:)

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
I have the 2009 North Trail 28RLS for 8 months. Upon leaving the dealership we have not been back nor had a need to. The only issue we have had is with the black water draining.

larneal

New Owner

We just got our new 3385RL. Two problems so far that bother me in that I just can't believe the factory let it come out this way. 1. the door to the bedroom would not stay closed because the latch on the door would not match up with the door sill. Why it was let go out that way beats me. Somebody either missed it or didn't care. 2. the central vac had no suction because the hose had come loose. I will say the dealer could have found and corrected this but didn't. I didn't find it until I got home which was 200 mile away from the dealer. The hose was stretched so tight it probably vibrated loose. Whoever attached it at the factory did not leave enough slack in the hose. I have requested 15 inches of vac hose, 2 clamps and a coupling from Hartland and I will do the repair myself. Yes I know this is minor stuff but it still makes me wonder how much emphasis Hartland puts on quality.

BkyBe

Steve & Becky Carlson
Very Happy & Will Purchase another Heartland RV

As fulltimers we purchased our 3500RL a little over 2 years ago and we love it. Yes, there were some stupid things wrong that should have been caught along the way but in talking with other campers and fulltimers I have found that ours were minimal. As far as our experience with Heartland, it has been wonderful. With us (and I think with a lot of others as well) the less that good experiences we have dealt with have been with the Dealership from which we purchased our rig or where we were having service work done rather than with Heartland. Matter of fact once I spoke with Heartland about my issues they got right on top of it and fixed everything. We are very happy with our BigHorn and sometime in the not too distant future we will probably trade up to a Landmark, either the Augusta or the Grand Canyon.

If you are thinking about buying a Heartland product, do it. Then join this forum and take advantage of the vast knowledge of these Heartland Owners. They are a wonderful bunch and most are happy to share that knowledge to help anothyer owner. I know of no other group like them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So far, so good

We've only been able to use our 3670 for a combined total of four weeks since taking possession the end of March. Other than some minor, yet annoying, goof ups, we've been fortunate in that everything works and the problems were such that I could fix them myself. Like the shower stall, for instance. Knowing to look for it before actually using the shower, I simply scraped off/out the poorly applied silicone and reapplied a good, neat bead around the entire inner joint. Leak gone. Some trim that needed reattaching, a door bolt hole that needed modification, and I've got to reattach a section of inner wall. But it's nothing I can't handle in short order. Overall, I'm happy with our unit, but the wife loves it.

sdgirl

I love my Big Country 3300RL. First trailer we ever bought and while it was BIGGER than we thought we'd get, it's a keeper. The only things mechanical were minor, the valve for black tank flush was backwards (oops) and the GFI had a loose wire. Yeah, there are some cosmetic things that I wish I had noticed, but minor over all. She pulls like a dream and is cozy and good looking. DH and I are already planning our retirement coach,, another Heartland for sure!

DickO

We have had our 2010 Bighorn 3055 for 7 weeks. I would give it a 5 even with the problems. 1) Slam door hinges broken when we picked up the 5th wheel--2) bypass plumbed backwards--3) pinched wires under bed and wires burned for about 2 1/2 inches. LUCKY NO FIRE--4) a few minor things. Still LOVE the unit.

Bighorn quality

We have had our Bighorn 3055RL for one year as of the 12th of June.
The unit has approx. 9000 miles on it so far. We have had some issues with it , but each has been resolved either with the dealer or Heartland.
So I would give it a 4. Quality control is another thing. Attention to minor detail and inspection before leaving the factory was lacking on our unit. So QC gets a -3

We just picked up our 2010 Bighorn 3600 RE on 6/27 and on 7/5 it was already back at the place we bought it due to the rear entertainment window frame has been installed UPSIDE DOWN with the drain holes at the top of the window - not sure how it was let out of the factory with that happening :confused:. We've had a ton of rain in the last 6 weeks and on 7/4 I got to clean water that was all over my rear entertainment - I don't even want to think of the water that came in and was not seen. It's back at the place we bought it from for 2 weeks now :(.

I'm only giving it a 3 rating at the moment since we're not off to a good start. We also have several other issues with it, most minor, but a couple more are a quality control issue. I'm bummed to say the least.

I have an email into Heartland and a phone as of this morning, so far I had have not had a return call back.

The unit is beautiful and I'm hopeful our issues will be taken care of.

Jeannie

ps...i'll come back later and update my post after the issues have been taken care of.

scotth92

We own a 2009 North Trail 31QBS. We've logged 30+ days over the past 13 months in it and have been generally pleased.

I needed some minor warranty work just as the warranty was expiring. I called the dealer I bought it from as I was towing it in on the one day I had available to do so and was told they couldn't accept the trailer due to repair backups for 30 days and to contact Heartland directly to log the warranty request. Well, I didn't get a chance to do so until a few days after our warranty expired. I explained the situation to Heartland and they readily logged it as a valid warranty request and I have an appointment to get it taken care of in August. This way it doesn't interfere with the rest of our summer camping plans!

In our experience (2nd travel trailer and a popup before that), the quality is as good as any other, the floorplan and features have been as pleasing as we had hoped, and Heartland has stood behind their product.

Last edited: