Votes: 72 20.6%

Votes: 189 54.0%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 58 16.6%

• Total voters

PUG

Pug
quality reply

I will give my 3950 a 3. I had to have the jack motor replaced after a little hassle being it was underbuilt and overworked. My electric converter went kapoof after 11/2 years. The dealer in Tucson was the pits so I called the company and replaced it myself. Several small things I have fixed myself but you can expect some of that for a home that bounces down the road.

I give my Bighorn a 4.5 and Heartland a 5. After the rally I now give Heartland a 10.
Try hooking your house to a truck and pull it down the highway and see if anything breaks.
Love my Bighorn and will never buy anything else.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
The quality is very good. It is man made, sure there may be an issue. Put Heartland cares about its owners and will work with you if you work with them. Great unit and great company.

paintyguy

Satisfied owners

Our 3580RL is wonderful. Traveled 2 thousand miles over some horrendous highways right after the purchase so it got a very good shake down tour. Only issue was the security strap for the sliding door didn't stay secure so the sliding door traveled doing some damage to the one hanging glide. Easily solved the problem by permanently securing the tab (no snap) that is just to the left of the sliding door. No more popping off now. Garry R. at Heartland was great in sending me parts to repair the glide. Great trailer, great company. Two years of research, going to many trailer lots and listening to many tall tales paid off. We really feel we made the right choice for us.:angel:

sbowman3

Re: So far, so good

I am not yet an owner of the big horn but will be shortly. I have done my research and it came down to the Montana or Big Horn. I am going with the big horn

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I am not yet an owner of the big horn but will be shortly. I have done my research and it came down to the Montana or Big Horn. I am going with the big horn
I had the opportunity to look at a couple of Montanas at a show last week. They are trying hard to match Heartlands quality but I believe the service after the sale makes Heartland a much safer investment. Good luck with your shopping and come back and let us know how things went... Welcome to the Heartland Forum too.

This summer we will top 20,000 miles on the BH.
I would give it a solid 4. Except for the QC it has been an excellent rig.

Moose

3!

There are water leaks in the back, sags in the front, etc, poor QC.

And Heartland is supposed to be "one of the best". I pitty those who bought others.

I like my unit but, I don't think I should have to do major corrections/repairs to a unit that is brand new.

lefox7

I love my 2010 Bighorn 3055 RL. In the 6 weeks since I purchased it I have yet to find anything that does not work right. The overall quality is outstanding (Knock on Wood).

We moved up from a Jayco TT to our new Elkridge 29 RKSA, Huge difference in comfort and quality. We've had a few minor issues but the dealer has been fantastic in making the repairs and adjustments.
Overall, can't wait to get back out there!

olcoon

I rated our 5er at 3, but (especially after the rally), I'll rate Heartland at 100. We've had some issues, owned the coach for a year in April. We've had some issues, but none were really major. Now that the warranty has expired, I hope the exterminator has killed all the bugs...it's on my dime now! Like it has been said these things are a rolling diaster area, Murphy's law is written all over these things!!!

mtnranger

jmramiller,
I agree with most of your statements and my dealer has been our biggest problem but when the dealer doesn't do their job on repairing yet on paper it shows they addressed it and according to the person at HL says well its a component warranty and there is nothing that he can do, it doesn't set well. Heartland doesnt stand behind their product well at all if they are willing to pass the buck to Lippert in my opinion.

P

powerj

Heartland Bh32TI 2011, new May 2011. RV quality not good....Dealer(morrys trailer sales) very good -thankfully.

SGeohagan

Re: Satisfied owners

We bought the BH3610RE in April 11 and have had a few minor problems. We live 700 miles from our dealer and 150 from the closest heartland dealer. I have called Heartland a couple of times and had parts I requested within a few days. I find it easier to fix the minor things than to take it to a repair shop and leave it and go back and get it. Besides that, I have learned alot about this 5er by doing my own work. It is much better quality than the one I had before.

DMitch

I think the quality of my Big Horn is average. I do think Heartland could do some things better;

1. Quality control, I think they are not doing much checking after construction or thru the build process and are leaving it up to the dealer and purchaser.
2. When someone has a component problem and Heartland sluffs it off to another manufacturer with no help should not be done. In my opinion it is a poor service policy. Considering the amount of component items Heartland buys they surely have some clout.

jhardin

We just bought our BH 3585RL 3 weeks ago. On our first camping trip we had several pin hole leaks in our ice maker line. I had to replace the clear tubing (purchased from a close by Home Depot store) at the camp site. But, I expected to find a few problems (it is man made). I gave Heartland a rate of 4! I believe the overall quality is superb and it shows!

57chevyconvt

I believe that the Heartland portion of the BH trailer is above average, but the Lippert frame construction, i.e., welding is some of the poorest quality that I have seen. I hope that Thor Industries will have some influence on Lippert to put more effort into quality of welding in their fame fabrication. I guess if I had not spent my career in metal fabrication I would not know the difference. A welding inspector can inspect for quality welds but cannot inspect quality into welds. Just one man's opinion.
Overall the BH is the best trailer I have every owned and at my age will probably the last one. Therefore I hope that my feed back is of value to Heartland in such a way that their product will continue to improve over time. I have seen evidence of this fact in the past two years so I do believe that they listen.

ncc1701e

A very interesting subject and one that is multifaceted. The materials and overall appearance of out unit is outstanding. However, when it comes to some of the workmanship in the general build of the trailer, I'd fired everyone associated with the construction if I'd been the QC inpector for this unit. The items we've had to have warranty repairs for should have never been allowed to leave the factory floor. Worse yet, when I call the factory about warranty repairs and the response for customer service is, "Oh well, the tech used whatever screws he had in his tool box I quess." Then this customer is more than a little annoyed. Especially when the repairs as so significant that it means a 5 hour pull both ways for me just to get the trailer to a dealer large enough to make the repairs. And this did not happen once, but twice as both slides in this trailer have failed in less than 10 months. If the wife didn't like this trailer so much, it would be someone else's right now.

I promise you that I came from a manufacturing background where we proved time and time again that it was cheaper to build a quality product than it was to put out inferior products. I honestly believe Heartland could learn a lot from some of it's customers if they were really serious about listening and following through.