Portable generator storage

dave10a

I have a Champion 4000 watt remote start generator mounted in the truck bed. I also have the generator option factory installed in the trailer. I rewired the power box for the generator option to allow hooking up the Champion generator with a short 30 to 50 converter power cable to run from truck to the trailer. Works just like the generator is installed in the trailer after connecting the cable, I can start an stop the generator remotely from inside the trailer. BTY Champion generators are built in China with good quality but at half the cost of a Honda or Yamaha. :)

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
I have a Champion 4000 watt remote start generator mounted in the truck bed. I also have the generator option factory installed in the trailer. I rewired the power box for the generator option to allow hooking up the Champion generator with a short 30 to 50 converter power cable to run from truck to the trailer. Works just like the generator is installed in the trailer after connecting the cable, I can start an stop the generator remotely from inside the trailer. BTY Champion generators are built in China with good quality but at half the cost of a Honda or Yamaha. :)

Is the video still around?

Thanks

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

I have a 2015 Landmark Ashland that has the generator prep for the Onan. Would love to do the same setup you did with your rig using the Champion generator. Is it possible for you to share what you did to make this conversion?

Very much appreciate your help.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Hi, since this is our first LM 365 and have only it owned for a month now I am just now getting around to storing my 3 Honda's where I was hopeful that they would fit. Before we get into a tug of war on why I have 3 - that is another discussion on another page. This thread is only for storage purposes and location. I used to put them in the bed of the truck taking up valuable space as I have a 50 gallon external tank. They were subject to weather, theft and the like. Now they can be locked up and secure during traveling. I then remove them when we get to the races and place them on a wood plank. In the belly box that was originally made for the on board generator it gave me a sturdy foundation to put these on. With a piece of thick plywood on top of the frame it still allows me to put things under the plywood (cords, extensions, pigtails, etc.) and chairs and outdoor rug on top of the generators. I only place these in there when we go dry camping / races so they are taken out the rest of the time which allows for more storage.
3 generators.jpg

carl.swoyer

Hi, since this is our first LM 365 and have only it owned for a month now I am just now getting around to storing my 3 Honda's where I was hopeful that they would fit. Before we get into a tug of war on why I have 3 - that is another discussion on another page. This thread is only for storage purposes and location. I used to put them in the bed of the truck taking up valuable space as I have a 50 gallon external tank. They were subject to weather, theft and the like. Now they can be locked up and secure during traveling. I then remove them when we get to the races and place them on a wood plank. In the belly box that was originally made for the on board generator it gave me a sturdy foundation to put these on. With a piece of thick plywood on top of the frame it still allows me to put things under the plywood (cords, extensions, pigtails, etc.) and chairs and outdoor rug on top of the generators. I only place these in there when we go dry camping / races so they are taken out the rest of the time which allows for more storage.
View attachment 54619
Using a wheelchair lift.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dave10a

I have a 2015 Landmark Ashland that has the generator prep for the Onan. Would love to do the same setup you did with your rig using the Champion generator. Is it possible for you to share what you did to make this conversion?

Very much appreciate your help.
Presently my trailer is in storage so pictures are not available at this time. I can explain that the junction box for a generator output that is in the front storage area is replaced by a 50 amp generator house receptacle box that is available at home depot. A standard 50 amp RV cable then connects to that receptacle and to the generator in the bed of truck with a 50 to 30 amp conversion adaptor. I purchased a Campion 4000 watt generator with remote start on the internet as the power source. It supplies enough power to selectively run one A/C or microwave while running everything else. The generator also has enough room in the bed and air circulation to run properly.

Gaffer

I keep my 2 Hondas in my tool box.

9k=
9k=