Possible New Owner

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what a 26RK model is without looking it up, but you have come to the right place for answers.
In general, HL makes a good product with alot of bang for your buck. Just find a good dealer.
I cant tell you which one in your area is good but I can tell you one to stay away from not in your area.

jimtoo

Hi mericpowersports,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The North Trail 26RK is a lightweight 5th wheel, Specs and pictures are here. It should be a nice unit, like all the Heartland line.

Hopefully someone who has one will come in and give their opinion also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Its a great unit for the money if its the size you want. What do plan to tow it with? A 3/4 ton truck is just right.

Ok , it went from a possible to a definite. At the dealer now being prepped and readied.

Need to get the truck in a get hitch installed as this is our first fifth wheel. At this point TV is an 04 Silverado 1500 LS 4x4, we'll see haw that goes. All pulls should be pretty flat land and within a couple of hours.

jimtoo

Great,,,, Please do a really good PDI when you go for delivery. Make sure everything works and you know how to work everything.

Welcome to the Family. We are here for you if need help.

Jim M

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Ok , it went from a possible to a definite. At the dealer now being prepped and readied.

Need to get the truck in a get hitch installed as this is our first fifth wheel. At this point TV is an 04 Silverado 1500 LS 4x4, we'll see haw that goes. All pulls should be pretty flat land and within a couple of hours.
Pulling that rig with a 1/2 ton truck should be a fun white nuckle ride.....leave yourself plenty of room to stop.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I wish the decision would have been that easy and quick for us! Took us several months, many dealer visits, and an RV show to finally "push the button". Congratulations on the purchase!

Happy Camping!

Also a motorcycle rider so I always keep a lot of room around me. Not sure what controller their using on the brakes but usually tow 4000# boat with surge brakes and get along fine.
But will keep your thoughts in mind.

Thanks

I wish the decision would have been that easy and quick for us! Took us several months, many dealer visits, and an RV show to finally "push the button". Congratulations on the purchase!

Happy Camping!

oh its been a long process until we seen the NT. Then the bid quesiton of fifth wheel or TT, then boiled down to the 26rk 5er or 32 rear entertainment TT. Then finally boiled down to 5er since 6'5" and needed full size bed and interior height.