Post Rally Luncheon and Pizza for Service Providers

jbeletti

Following the dinner and entertainment Saturday evening, we brought all the leftover beer, wine and pop over to an empty site and had a small "after" party. Very low key...

The next morning, Evans Waller helped me divide the remaining beer and pop and load it into large plastic tubs.

Evans/Lana and Bob/Christina Seaman delivered a huge tub of drinks to each of the two service centers for the service teams to finish off for us.

Then, this Wednesday, then with some of the remaining rally funds, the Heartland Owners Club had pizzas delivered to Recreational Specialties and RV Capitol Service Center.

I was in the area for business and got to see the pizza at RS. Oh my gosh was that a huge pizza. Both service centers chose Bruno's Pizza in Elkhart. See the image below of Ron Green of RS, holding that huge pie!

I also made phone contact with a few rally attendees that I knew were staying a while longer in the area for service work that needed to be done at a service center and I invited them to lunch at King Wha, a Chinese restaurant in Elkhart. I also invited Scott Tuttle from the factory if time allowed him to get away. I reserved for 6 to 8 people.

Well, I got pleasantly surprised. We had about 14 rally attendees show up plus Scott Tuttle. I think we made King Wha's day. So the 16 of us had a great "Rally Survivors" / "Rally Withdrawl Support Group" luncheon (see image below). The Club was going to buy but Scott whipped out his credit card faster than I did. Thanks Scott! :)

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/pizza.jpg

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/king_wha_1.jpg

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/king_wha_2.jpg

jbeletti

Rand,

It looked really good! It was thick and full of sausage and cheese. But alas, we were headed to King Wha.

But, the next time anyone is in Elkhart and wants what 2 service centers say are the best, try Bruno's Pizza. Ask for the Big 24 if you're real hungry.

As Rachel Ray would say - Yumo!

Jim

gawelsh

We miss all you guys already !! Can't wait to meet again at the next ally, if not sooner !!!

Tom of Ypsi

I want to thank Scott for the lunch, Jim for the invite. The Chinese food was good and I am not a big fan of Chinese food, something to do with being overseas in the late 60's early 70's. We did have a good time and really looking forward to next year at Branson.

jcd8822

Joseph
It was some good people getting together for some good Chineese food. That was really a treat. It helped those of us left in the area going through Rally Withdraw. We are going to try the pizza this week. The guys at Recreational Specilaities said it is the best around. We thought it was thick crust, but it turned out to be thick cheese and toppings with regular crust. We are looking forward to that.

Joseph