Power converter

pimpin

I have just had my WFCO 65 amp power converter go out on me and am looking for a converter if any body may know where I can find it please let me know.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What Heartland product and model number do you have? Someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi pimpin,

Are you trying to locate the converter inside your trailer? On 5th wheels, it's usually behind the basement storage wall (to the rear). It's going to be somewhere on a line between your battery and the fuse box.

If you mean where can you buy a replacement, one source is Amazon.com.

pimpin

I have model number WF 9865 and the product is WFCO converter 65 amp with output of 13.6 VAC from a Sundance 5th wheel .I believe I have found a reasonably priced one however, I have been told those are standard ordinary junk converters and there are better ones to replace them with. I would like to know what those would be and what pricing I am looking at. I would like to find a vendor that actually rebuilds these better than default specs.

danemayer

Progressive Dynamics is another choice that's widely used.

Maybe someone knows of a shop that will refurbish your unit to be better than new.

MikeR

I have model number WF 9865 and the product is WFCO converter 65 amp with output of 13.6 VAC from a Sundance 5th wheel .I believe I have found a reasonably priced one however, I have been told those are standard ordinary junk converters and there are better ones to replace them with. I would like to know what those would be and what pricing I am looking at. I would like to find a vendor that actually rebuilds these better than default specs.

I'd go with a Progressive Dynamics Convertor with the Charge Wizard. You're batteries will last a lot longer and you won't have to add water as often. PD manufactures quality units in Marshall, MI.

donr827

MikeR makes a good point. Be sure it has a Charge Wizard. Less chance of boiling the water out of the battery.......Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Pay the price and get a Progressive Dynamics convertor with the charge wizard. Ours is over 7 years old and working like a charm. They also have a GOOD warranty on them.

BTW, you never stated what year your SD is. Is it still in warranty?

Jim.Allison

I have just had my WFCO 65 amp power converter go out on me and am looking for a converter if any body may know where I can find it please let me know.

Get the make and model of the converter, and do an internet search. You will probably find a brand new one for a couple of hundred. (edit) I did a search and it's available, nothing special, but I agree with the others, I would go with a 4 stage P.D. and put it right where your old one is.

Last edited: