power keeps shutting down

cyclone2014

Dave and Rosie
Hi folks,
Having problem with power shutting down then resetting when I put up landing gears or taking in or out slides. Works fine, then I hear a switch or relay pop, then it seems to cool down then come back on. Try it again and same thing happens. Bought new bigger battery but still have problem. Any suggestions? Someone told me to find fuse relay and put in a bigger fuse but not sure if that would burn up wires or not.

danemayer

Hi cyclone2014,

The power for the hydraulic pump goes through a 50 amp 12V mini-circuit breaker located near your battery. It's an auto-reset breaker, so when it trips, it interrupts the pump operation for about 5 seconds. It can trip for a number of reasons, including low battery power, loose or dirty connections, bad ground, mechanical binds, or a weak breaker.

Most of the time, replacing the breaker solves the problem. The breaker is one in a row of breakers connected by a copper buss bar. There's usually a red rubber boot covering the breakers. I'm attaching a picture that shows what my breakers look like. You might have a different number of breakers and they could be in different positions.

You can usually find breakers at auto parts or marine parts stores, or at RV dealer parts departments. Or you can order from Amazon. You'll want 12V DC, 50 amp, auto reset, in the same form factor so it mounts in the same place.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 21