Power King Tires Fail!

prty5er

2 years old. Maybe 3k miles. Kaboom. xxxxx :)

$1200 to get some good tires.

Ouch!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:

justafordguy

I know it's hard to spend money on new tires but get rid of those tires before they do more damage than new tires will cost you.;)

I ended up getting Sailun S637 LR-G tires and I'm very happy with them so far. They are a heavy duty commercial tire.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've been looking at upgrading to either a Heartland Sundance, Elkridge or Prowler 292 (all the same floor plan and all 2015 or 2016 models), and every single one of them so far has has the BlowMax tires on them!

I asked one of the sales guys on Friday about switching them out for a better tire . . . and he claimed that he had never heard of the BlowMax issue!

I told him to come to this forum and read about it . . . plus do a Google search!

I think I might even email him the photo from the first post in this topic thread.

Our Trail Runner has the BlowMax tires on it . . . but it is going in tomorrow for upgraded axle, spring and wheel bearing replacement and will be upgrading the wheels and tires to a heavier duty set as well!

Now, we've never had a BlowMax issue . . . but I am tired of sweating it out while rolling!

Miltp920

John D, Is Heartland covering your axle spring upgrade? I have read about your lack of clearance issues.

We've been looking at upgrading to either a Heartland Sundance, Elkridge or Prowler 292 (all the same floor plan and all 2015 or 2016 models), and every single one of them so far has has the BlowMax tires on them!

I asked one of the sales guys on Friday about switching them out for a better tire . . . and he claimed that he had never heard of the BlowMax issue!

I told him to come to this forum and read about it . . . plus do a Google search!

I think I might even email him the photo from the first post in this topic thread.

Our Trail Runner has the BlowMax tires on it . . . but it is going in tomorrow for upgraded axle, spring and wheel bearing replacement and will be upgrading the wheels and tires to a heavier duty set as well!

Now, we've never had a BlowMax issue . . . but I am tired of sweating it out while rolling!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John D, Is Heartland covering your axle spring upgrade? I have read about your lack of clearance issues.

Lippert has replaced both axles and spring sets with upgraded ones, however I will be paying for the labor charges.

Still waiting for a phone call from the repair shop for me to bring the trailer in.