Power outlet problem, need help

Pappy

I have a 2013 3250TS Big Country. We are camping and all the power outlets in the bedroom area quit working. I have checked the breakers and they are fine. I have checked the fuse panel and found that the fuse slot #5 seems to be the issue. The fuse light is not on and does not come on when I pull the fuse out as well. I tested the fuse in another slot and it works fine. It seems like there is another fuse somewhere? Any suggestions would be helpful.... Thank you...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Greg,
Don't know of a second fuse for the outlets.
Look for a ground fault plug somewhere that may be tripped.
They are usually near the sinks.

We also had a problem with a loose connection right at the back of the breaker panel.
Trace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have a 2013 3250TS Big Country. We are camping and all the power outlets in the bedroom area quit working. I have checked the breakers and they are fine. I have checked the fuse panel and found that the fuse slot #5 seems to be the issue. The fuse light is not on and does not come on when I pull the fuse out as well. I tested the fuse in another slot and it works fine. It seems like there is another fuse somewhere? Any suggestions would be helpful.... Thank you...

Fuses are 12 V Outlets are 110V, so the fuses would not be the problem. I suspect ether a tripped GFCI or a loose connection in a junction box.
Check junction boxes under the bed and under the slideout.

hoefler

Did you flip the breakers off then back on?? If you tripped one, it may or may not go to the center. You have to cycle the breaker off then back on to reset it.

danemayer

Hi Pappy,

You should also check the power at the pedestal and make sure your power cord is seated properly. You may have lost one leg of the 50amp circuit and just aren't using the other things that are lacking power.

If it's just the bedroom outlets and all other 110V outlets and appliances are working, I'd look for a connection problem in a junction box - maybe under the bed.

The #5 fuse that test good but doesn't light up when pulled doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. With the fuse removed (or blown), the LED lights only if there's a load on the circuit caused by switching it ON. For example, if #5 powers the water pump, but you don't have the pump turned on, there's no load on that circuit and the LED won't light up when the fuse is pulled.

aatauses

After checking the GFI, look under the bed on the right side (if it is wired like our BH), the receptacle wire actually hits the hydraulic cylinder and may have rubbed off the insulation. If this is the case the breaker will trip. If this is what happened, it is an easy fix to move the wire so the cylinder does not hit it, just repair the wire prior to moving.
al
currently in Surprise, AZ

GOTTOYS

Fuses have nothing to do with 110 volt outlets. They are controlled by circuit breakers in the panel next to the one with fuses. My guess is that you tripped the GFI that is located just to the right of the bathroom sink on the wall. It's part of the plug that is there..Don

Dklooste

I am having the same problem (2012 Sundance) Is the receptacle wire accessible from under the bed or do i need to look under the rig?

Thanks!
DeAnna

danemayer

I am having the same problem (2012 Sundance) Is the receptacle wire accessible from under the bed or do i need to look under the rig?

Thanks!
DeAnna
Hi Dklooste,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If your bedroom outlets are not working, but everything else is working, and you've checked the circuit breakers and GFCI reset button in the bathroom, the next likely thing is for a loose connection in a junction box or inside a wire nut located under the bed.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
If your bedroom outlets are not working, but everything else is working, and you've checked the circuit breakers and GFCI reset button in the bathroom, the next likely thing is for a loose connection in a junction box or inside a wire nut located under the bed.

There are GFCI protected outlets and the non protected outlets. After a short run this morning, all of my unprotected ones (bedroom, entertainment center, back wall, dinette) are off.

Where under the bed would I look? I don't see anything in the storage compartment.

Under the head of the bed?

danemayer

There are GFCI protected outlets and the non protected outlets. After a short run this morning, all of my unprotected ones (bedroom, entertainment center, back wall, dinette) are off.

Where under the bed would I look? I don't see anything in the storage compartment.

Under the head of the bed?

Hi Bob,

If you have that many outlets not working in more than one area of the coach, I would start with the pedestal outside and the power cord. It sounds like you may have only one leg of the 50 amp connection getting power.

As for the bed, I'm not sure, and it may vary by floor plan, but I assume you'd have to take up the flooring of the storage area under the bed.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
You were all over it, as usual. It was a park problem. Switched over to the 30a receptacle and everything was perfect.

Maintenance guys have been working on it all afternoon.

Thanks again, Dan.