power recliner won't recline

padre44

Power recliner just stopped working. One side still works, but other side won't open. Other buttons work but the two that open and close don't. Yes, its still under warranty but we're on a long trip 2000 miles from home. Hoped someone would have easy fix, but if not, I'll have to try to find a dealer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There have been some reports of plugs coming loose.
Look under the seat and inspect the plugs. Be sure they are all completely seated.

Peace
Dave

rxbristol

I had a power-switch wire get pinched. I ordered a new power button (it came with the wiring harness which has a plugin to the motor) and replaced the whole thing. I ordered the switch from Ebay. You'll find the switch is very generic if you have to replace it.

padre44

I tried to figure out how to disconnect mechanism from motor so I could operate seat manually for the duration of this trip. All wires were connected properly. I unhooked what I thought would work, but still couldn't make chair recline like a non-powered recliner. I found chair model from LCI and even searched their site to see if there was any technical support information. I only could find a support email and phone. Phone call was typical - hold for next available person so I emailed. I got back a long list of information they wanted about the chair. I already had told them what model it was and told them their request was ridiculous as I only wanted some information on how to operate the chair manually for the duration of this trip. Remains to be seen if they can come up with some temporary fix. When I get home, the dealer with have to get a new chair and install it since I couldn't get the information to take care of the problem myself. So much for good customer support.

Alan_B

Forgive me for asking an obvious question (it is the kind of thing that I would overlook).

Is the "lock" setting engaged on the cupholder control?

Oregon_Camper

Yep...ours did that a few times. The power cord (under chair...PITA to get to) came loose twice. Now it is zip-tied in place. :)