power reel for 50 amp cord trying to real in cord in cold?

SNOKING

Makes sence but it will run the reel in reverse if you hold it.
Maybe your just supposed to hit it once then let go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MOTOR OPERATION
1. Ensure power is being supplied by the 12 VDC source.
2. Locate the switch installed. If using TRC switch assembly MH2021/RV2100 identify the label markings “RETRACT”located at the top switch position and “RELEASE” located at the bottom switch position.
3. To retract the hose back onto the reel simply press and hold the switch in the top “RETRACT” position until the desiredamount of hose is returned to the reel.
4. To release the hose from the reel, press the switch MOMENTARILY in the bottom “RELEASE” position. This unlocksthe spool and allows for the hose to be manually pulled to a desired length. DO NOT attempt to pull hose from thereel without first pressing the switch momentarily in the bottom “RELEASE” position. Only a MOMENTARY press ofthe switch in the “RELEASE” position will be needed. DO NOT attempt to continuously hold the “RELEASE” switchposition, doing so will cause the cord to unravel on the spool.

http://www.trci.net/media/170248/505-00094b rl5 instruction sheet.pdf

oldelmer1

So there must be some kind of a clutch in it to reverse direction, and I guess this clutch must be slipping on mine.

Anyone know how to adjust it?

oldelmer1

Hey shoprat,

I called TRC who makes the power reel, they said the motor is bad and to replace the unit. Called Heartland and they are sending me a new unit.

If you still have problems with yours, hot or cold weather, you should replace it.

oldelmer1

Just to follow up, I received my new power cord reel yesterday from Heartland, installed it today and it works GREAT!!!

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hi Tom,still have about 4 weeks until we get our Orlando.Time sure does move slow.Any more problems with yours? Frank

I have a brand new Heartland 365 Newport & the chain jumped off of the power cord reel at the dealership the day I picked it up and had to wait 2 hours for them to put the chain back on..... The very first trip out the chain jumped off again when retracting the cable... Had to wind it up by hand which eats up the top of your hands... Is there an adjust to tighten the chain ???

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've never seen the working of this system YET ????
but my first guess is the motor is not mounted in line with the mane reel sprocket.
There must be an adjustment..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Or possibly a bent sprocket.

Rod

I've never seen the working of this system YET ????
but my first guess is the motor is not mounted in line with the mane reel sprocket.
There must be an adjustment..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk