Powermax TowMax tires

wdk450

Ok, this thread is endless and I have to agree that the TowMax are most likely substandard. I am new at this. After the huge investment in our Bighorn, there isn't much left for anything else. What is a reasonably priced tire we can use to replace our TowMax?

I have 5 ST235-80R16 Geostar Steel belted radials that I purchased from Les Schwab tires for about $300 each. I have been very satisfied with those, made trips to Gillette and Elkhart from Northern California on them with no tire problems. Unfortunately, Les Schwab has gone to the Towmax brand. The only saving grace to that is that they have hundreds of stores in most of the small towns in the northern West Coast (East to Utah), and they DO have a set of ST235-80R16 LR G tires in stock at all their locations. At this point, with all that has been posted about Towmax, I would risk running without a spare tire for a while while they ordered me another Geostar, instead of the Towmax's they have in stock.

caissiel

Simple Tires has the Sailun and they are well priced.
Those G rated tires are mostly designed for European service on trucks and trailers. They are good for trailer service on our RVs.
They are my next choice when the Freestars need replacement.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk