Prayers for Malcolm & Valerie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

Re: Prayers for Malcolm & Vallerie

Malcom, learned a long time ago that some insurance companies have a practice of stalling when it comes to settling claims. What most people don't know is that most states have "good faith " laws that open insurance carriers up to additional claims if it's proven they were not acting in good faith. Might be time to seek legal advice.

I'll be looking into that if it is still sitting on the lot waiting within a reasonable period of time after the new year (given most RV manufacturers, etc. will be shut down soon for the holidays).

One thing I need to do (and keep forgetting) is to inform the insurer that I'm not camping in the trailer. GS insurance has a feature where you can tell them it is in storage and not active and they reduce your premium for that period of time. The good part, so far, is that we were paying ahead on the loan prior to the accident so we're paid up until April.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't understand why it's taking so long. If this was my only home, and I had no means to procure another, why is it not a priority to get it fixed ASAP?

I would certainly NOT consider Good Sam insurance if this is how they treat full-timers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptnJohn

I agree and now may re-think my GS insurance even though a different company is my insurer. You have more patience than I and feel it likely my friend the nasty corporate lawyer would have been involved a while ago. No way would I want a unit as extensively damaged as yours returned after repairs as surely there may be hidden damage that will pop up later. Good luck!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired

I'll be looking into that if it is still sitting on the lot waiting within a reasonable period of time after the new year (given most RV manufacturers, etc. will be shut down soon for the holidays).

One thing I need to do (and keep forgetting) is to inform the insurer that I'm not camping in the trailer. GS insurance has a feature where you can tell them it is in storage and not active and they reduce your premium for that period of time. The good part, so far, is that we were paying ahead on the loan prior to the accident so we're paid up until April.
It should be an easy argument that the rig has been in storage since the day of the accident and the refund retroactive to that date!

Status
Not open for further replies.