Prayers for Malcolm & Valerie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Prayers for Malcolm & Vallerie

About 98% sure at this point - our next trailer will be a 2015 Big Country 3650RL. Residential fridge, slide toppers, MorRyde hitch, ceiling beams, Dyson vac, theater seating.

Can't discuss actual pricing, but lets say it is a great price.

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bones

So I'm guessing that you have a strong feeling that they are going to wreck your trailer too? What made you shy away from the Front Bath?

jbeletti

So I'm guessing that you have a strong feeling that they are going to wreck your trailer too? What made you shy away from the Front Bath?

From Malcolm on Facebook in response to another friend:

...they don't make the rear kitchen plan anymore. Erika, we wanted to go back down in size. We like the front bath floor plan, but the 42' length was just enough to be cumbersome when trying to find places to stop. Granted, the 3650 is only 2 1/2 feet shorter, but it makes a big difference.

MCTalley

Thanks, Jim. That's pretty much it. However, had we not liked the 3650 floor plan, falling back to the front bath floor plan was next on the list.

VKTalley

Bones, We do have a strong feeling that they will total the trailer and like Jim B and Malcolm's responses, the front bath was still on our list of desirable rigs.

Bones

Bones, We do have a strong feeling that they will total the trailer and like Jim B and Malcolm's responses, the front bath was still on our list of desirable rigs.
Cool. I will admit the longer trailer does pose some issues but so far we have done pretty good. I have had wiggle the trailer over in 2 spots so far but over all not too bad. My rig is 41 feet long and now longer with the truck. Good luck in finding your new trailer and getting that deal. Deals are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

From Malcolm on Facebook in response to another friend:
Thanks Jim

avvidclif

That BC has a nice layout except for the bathroom. I want a separate entrance for the bedroom so if we have company overnite we both have access to the bathroom without seeing each other. That one you have to go into the hall to get to the bathroom from the bedroom.

Picky, picky....

I hope the forced upgrade doesn't cost too much and glad no-one was hurt.

VKTalley

Update on the rig...two guys from the RV shop came by this afternoon, inspected the rig, took pictures and both feel that the rig should be totaled. They are going to push for the insurance to do exactly that. They pointed out the same things several have said on here...what about the damage you can't see but would be dealing with on down the road.

Clif, a separate bathroom entrance would be nice but I'd rather have the larger shower and the storage in the bathroom but totally understand that it is a personal preference. What part of TX are you in?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Update on the rig...two guys from the RV shop came by this afternoon, inspected the rig, took pictures and both feel that the rig should be totaled. They are going to push for the insurance to do exactly that. They pointed out the same things several have said on here...what about the damage you can't see but would be dealing with on down the road.

Clif, a separate bathroom entrance would be nice but I'd rather have the larger shower and the storage in the bathroom but totally understand that it is a personal preference. What part of TX are you in?

Val, East! Mabank is south and east of Terrell, a smaller town. We met Cliff and Millie for lunch after the national rally to give them a Satellite Dish they bought from LinuxKidd via JimB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Baby steps are happening - YEAH.

MCTalley

Latest thought is that we might possibly be in Nashville by next Friday (I'll have to change my reservation at the KOA). This means we'll probably miss the Opry since the truck is getting a hitch on that Thursday. If they get it done in the morning we might still be able to drive down for that, but would have to drive back north again to pick up a trailer. We'll see.

Day by day.

olcoon

Nothing like having to deal with an insurance company...especially when you are on the road, and need your truck & RV! Just glad that you guys weren't hurt, and things seeem to be coming together! You guys have not been having very good luck! Sally & I hope things work out for you, & wish we were closer so we could help out!

VKTalley

Nothing like having to deal with an insurance company...especially when you are on the road, and need your truck & RV! Just glad that you guys weren't hurt, and things seeem to be coming together! You guys have not been having very good luck! Sally & I hope things work out for you, & wish we were closer so we could help out!

Thanks, Roy! Things are slowly coming together. Hoping to hear a definite from the insurance company on Monday. They have received the estimate and recommendations (total it) from the RV repair shop guys who looked at it this past Wednesday.

Bones

Thanks, Roy! Things are slowly coming together. Hoping to hear a definite from the insurance company on Monday. They have received the estimate and recommendations (total it) from the RV repair shop guys who looked at it this past Wednesday.
Good luck. Hopefully it works out for you

MCTalley

Latest update:

The dealer selling us our replacement rig has gone ahead and moved it into service for delivery prep. They originally said Thursday (which we can't do) or Friday delivery but called at lunch today to say if we get them a check from the finance company in time, they can do a PDI with us on Wednesday afternoon. We think that is do-able.

Went to the RV dealer here that sent the adjusters out to look at the trailer and talked to them a bit. They indicated that they put together an initial quote that excluded frame repair. They also summarized by saying that they wouldn't/couldn't do the frame repair. As a backup, they also called both Heartland and Lippert and neither one of those companies were even willing to try to repair it. We assume at this point that it will be a total loss.

We should be able to get financing complete tomorrow and a check overnighted to the dealer for Wednesday delivery. If that comes together, we'll take delivery Wednesday afternoon. The dealer is going to move it next door to the KOA for us (we won't have a hitch until Thursday) where we already have reservations for Wednesday and Thursday nights.

We're picking up a U-Haul van tomorrow and will start loading boxes that Val has already been packing and get the trailer packed out by noon Wednesday (if we can do the PDI, etc. on Wednesday). Once set up, we'll unload and unpack what we can Wednesday evening through Friday morning. I will be driving back to Evansville early Thursday morning to get our hitch installed and, if required, pull our old trailer from the campground a couple miles up the road to the dealer here that did the claims adjusting. They indicated that they would store it until insurance came to get it. Hard deadline of getting the trailer out of the current campground is Friday morning checkout as the campground is booked over the weekend.

We still plan on arriving at the Nashville KOA on Friday afternoon for the rest of the rally there (have already adjusted our arrival date and have the same spot).

Bones

Latest update:

The dealer selling us our replacement rig has gone ahead and moved it into service for delivery prep. They originally said Thursday (which we can't do) or Friday delivery but called at lunch today to say if we get them a check from the finance company in time, they can do a PDI with us on Wednesday afternoon. We think that is do-able.

Went to the RV dealer here that sent the adjusters out to look at the trailer and talked to them a bit. They indicated that they put together an initial quote that excluded frame repair. They also summarized by saying that they wouldn't/couldn't do the frame repair. As a backup, they also called both Heartland and Lippert and neither one of those companies were even willing to try to repair it. We assume at this point that it will be a total loss.

We should be able to get financing complete tomorrow and a check overnighted to the dealer for Wednesday delivery. If that comes together, we'll take delivery Wednesday afternoon. The dealer is going to move it next door to the KOA for us (we won't have a hitch until Thursday) where we already have reservations for Wednesday and Thursday nights.

We're picking up a U-Haul van tomorrow and will start loading boxes that Val has already been packing and get the trailer packed out by noon Wednesday (if we can do the PDI, etc. on Wednesday). Once set up, we'll unload and unpack what we can Wednesday evening through Friday morning. I will be driving back to Evansville early Thursday morning to get our hitch installed and, if required, pull our old trailer from the campground a couple miles up the road to the dealer here that did the claims adjusting. They indicated that they would store it until insurance came to get it. Hard deadline of getting the trailer out of the current campground is Friday morning checkout as the campground is booked over the weekend.

We still plan on arriving at the Nashville KOA on Friday afternoon for the rest of the rally there (have already adjusted our arrival date and have the same spot).
Well that sounds like good news but sucks that you have to move everything. Probably best over the long run. Take pics of the new rig. Good luck moving and have fun. :)

olcoon

Glad to hear things are moving ahead, & you've now got a plan of attack!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Val/Malcolm - I know your stress level is right up there but it looks like a light in the tunnel is coming closer and closer to the end of the journey. Be safe and hope to see ya'll soon.

VKTalley

The latest update...I'm sitting in a hotel in Clarksville, IN, relaxing today while Malcolm is back in Evansville getting the hitch installed and our damaged rig moved from the campground (as they are busy this weekend). PDI on the new rig is tomorrow (Friday) morning as all the financing is now in order as of yesterday evening. We are hoping for a clean PDI so we can be on the road sometime after 12 noon ET for Nashville, TN, or as soon as we can get all the boxes loaded in it from the U-haul truck and the truck returned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.