Prefered Method for Tire Changing:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Westxsrt10, I like your addition to your jack, makes jacking on the axel tube safe. I think the best reason for using a 12 ton jack is the ease of jacking. The bigger the capacity of the jack the easier it is to pump with a load on it. Just my nickels worth, JON

Stop by anytime you are around North Texas and i'll weld a angle iron V on your jack on the house.

bigbird272

Tire jacking

There is a neat item called Trailer Aid Plus. You drive the good wheel onto it and it raises the flat tire high enough to change. I think they are around $75 and can be purchased at Camping World and other rv store. I have not used it but they say it works well. Another purchase for me in the future.

Rick

rvn4fun

This was what I was talking about in a above post. But on another forum it was suggested that you might have to put a 2x8 board under it to get it high enough to change the back tire. Don't know if you have to on our suspension system. If it does work, I would think it would be a lot safer then trying to jack the frame up.

MrBill

Can the Trailer Aid be used on triple axle RVs? How would you use it to change either the front or back tire of a triple?

bigbird272

I do not know about triple axle systems you would have to check on it. it would certainly work on a double axle. Like I say, not used it yet, but am getting one. You can have all the auto clubs you can have but if you are stuck in the middle of no where, they are not much good to you.

BorgX

I hate to raise the dead, but... I am going to always keep a bottle jack with me, BUT... I would like the trailer aid plus in case I'm in a bad spot on the side of the road, etc. Does anyone know if the Trailer Aid Plus works with the North Trail Wide-Trax? Thanks in advance!