Pressure Pro or TST system

Porkchop

Is one more difficult to install than the other? I'm looking into this as well and have been cruising the search forum trying to find answers vs posting another tire monitoring thread.

Thanks!

jnbhobe

Is one more difficult to install than the other? I'm looking into this as well and have been cruising the search forum trying to find answers vs posting another tire monitoring thread.

Thanks!

The TST is pretty easy to do hardest part is where to mount it and where to hide the wires.

beardedone

Beardedone
Is anyone willing to post cost of these systems. I am thinking about getting one but cost is a factor. I may only go with four sensors for the trailer and add more for the dually later. Being a dually there is an advantage over SRW in that you are not likely to blow both tires on the same side at the same time, ( I know what you are going to say)!

porthole

Retired
Is anyone willing to post cost of these systems. I am thinking about getting one but cost is a factor. I may only go with four sensors for the trailer and add more for the dually later. Being a dually there is an advantage over SRW in that you are not likely to blow both tires on the same side at the same time, ( I know what you are going to say)!

I drove my dually home from the dealer with a flat inner rear tire, because it wasn't obvious looking at it in the 17 degree weather.

mmomega

AnyTimer
TST 507 system here.

When I get around to getting new wheels for the truck I will get the new in-tire sensors from TST and just add them to the current monitor.

Blowouts were one reason I ended up with the dually this go around. I've had the unfortunate experience of having both of my SRW rear wheels blow out within a couple hours of each other on a late Sunday evening with 20" rims. Good luck finding a tire, it was a good 6 hrs before we got the truck and trailer home and we were only an hour out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I drove my dually home from the dealer with a flat inner rear tire, because it wasn't obvious looking at it in the 17 degree weather.

I don't know how long I was driving around Goshen last year with a deflated inner dually since I didn't find it until just before the rally dinner on Saturday night. And it was just a bad gated valve cap. The tire is still on the truck.

olcoon

We've got the TST 507, bought it at the Goshen Rally last year. When I installed it, the buttons on the monitor were in the wrong positions, & I had to get some brain cells working to install it. Contacted TST, and they replaced it. Then while we were enroute to Texas this winter, it started chirping, but showed no errors. Stopped & checked the tire in question & no problems. I unplugged it & restarted it & everything was fine...for a while. It did this several times on 3 different tires & still didn't find any problems. Contacted TST again & they replaced EVERYTHING, at no cost. All in all I'm satisfied with the system & the customer service. So far I haven't had any tire problems, knock on wood!

branson4020

Icantre Member
We've got the TST 507, bought it at the Goshen Rally last year. When I installed it, the buttons on the monitor were in the wrong positions, & I had to get some brain cells working to install it. Contacted TST, and they replaced it. Then while we were enroute to Texas this winter, it started chirping, but showed no errors. Stopped & checked the tire in question & no problems. I unplugged it & restarted it & everything was fine...for a while. It did this several times on 3 different tires & still didn't find any problems. Contacted TST again & they replaced EVERYTHING, at no cost. All in all I'm satisfied with the system & the customer service. So far I haven't had any tire problems, knock on wood!

Roy,
Did the 'chirping' sound as loud as the beep in the video on the TST website? I'm concerned about hearing it and since I'll have to buy it sight unseen, I can only go by what I hear in the video.

olcoon

Bob, it was similar, but if I remember right, it really didn't chirp like I said, it was more of a steady tone, as long as it was "reading" that tire. When I'd push a button on the monitor, it would quit. Also, they couldn't figure out what the problem might be, so they just replaced the whole outfit. I'm satisfied!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
OK...got an off the wall question...anyone with a 2011 Chevy or newer...any problems with using a TPMS. We have two different systems, an older Pressure Pro and a Hawkshead. NEVER had any problems with the signal in the Kodiak with either system.

In the new Chevy neither system wants to hold or update the tires...on either the truck or trailer. Even tried a wireless repeater for the Hawkshead...no luck.

Here's the question...could there be something in this truck blocking the signals, even with a repeater. Should we try a hardwired antenna to avoid the signal passing thru the truck? Don't like not knowing the tire pressures...????

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
did that...with the Hawkshead had to get almost on top of tires to align them. Thought everything was OK...drove for SIX hours and it did not update even ONE time . The pressure pro aligned from just outside the truck door...switched to it after the six hour trip...will check when DH gets truck back here to trailer to see if it will update from inside the truck...frustrating!!!