Preventive Maintenance (leaks)

jtcfishing

Mike wish the factory would speak up on this issue!We also have had many water leaks, the first time out our basement was flooded with a water line that came apart! The kitchen sink drains were also installed wrong they flooded the floor first time they were used! The fitting coming out of the hotwater heater leaked and flooded the basement! The connection on the line for the toilet was crossthreaded and leaked! Back to the basement for another leaking water line fitting flooded again!! So the best advice I can give is take the time and remove the basement wall and really go over all the connections, buy some clamps and cripping pliers and plumbers puddy for the sink drains. Good thing I am a maintance man fulltiming and loving it! P.S. love our Landmark but would choke those guys at the factory installing the plumbing!!

Luckily I began reading this forum before I bought my Sundance. It seems that this is a regular problem. The first I did after getting it home was tighten all of the plumbing connections.

We have a 2009 Big Country 3490 BHS, and also had leaking sinks issues. Our unit only traveled 90 miles from the factory and another 60 miles to our seasonal campsite before being parked for the summer. We had leaks in both sides of the kitchen sink and in the bathroom sink. Not sure if they just aren't tighting the drains up good or don't use plumbers putty around the drain?? But, we do love our Big Country other than that!

Rmcgrath53

I have also had three floods.One was the fitting at the hot water tank .The other 2 were from the outside shower were the hose fitting goes to the manifold. I ended up buying an upgraded shower after 2 failures of the factory unit. Ben there ,done that with the basement flood.

Luckily I began reading this forum before I bought my Sundance. It seems that this is a regular problem. The first I did after getting it home was tighten all of the plumbing connections.
Hi campers! Family is new to the RVing experience, although we've been lifelong campers of some sort or the other. We found a used 2008 Sundance 3300BHS at General RV in Wayland MI and are scheduled to do our PDI tomorrow. One thing that sold me on Sundance was their attention to detail and quality. I know with RVing there will always be a list of items that need attending from the dealer, but this known plumbing issue has me very anxious. I will definitely be printing up a detailed PDI and letting the dealer know in advance that I will need his time and resources to fully test this used model we're looking at. We've already pointed out that there was a whole that was duct taped in the underlayment, we thought to be from a fridge recall repair, but we'll double ck that too now that we're seeing the numerous loose fitting problems. Many thanks for all your insight. Can't imagine going through this 1st time experience without your valuable input! God Bless and Happy Camping!

wagenman

I have been waiting to get ours out for the first real trip this spring. The only trip we have done in ours was after it was winterized so we did not use any water in our new coach!! They did not have mine hooked up to water during my PDI and I wish that I would have been a member of this site prior to it so I would have printed off a good check list from more experianced rv'ers... I will go through mine before running any water in mine and tighten every water fitting I can find...

I also want to thank everybody who has given any information on this subject.. it helps me not worry too much about it...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mike, if nothing else, TEST the shower before actually using it. The leaking shower stall seems to be a signature of Heartland. I had to recaulk mine. Fortunately, after reading all about it here, I tested for it with the sprayer and found it easily.

BozRazor

Hot Water??

I took delivery on my new Razor 2 months ago, got to Bristol and we didn't have hot water, sucked it up and called the dealer that Monday, he then explained hot water heater bypass valves. I unbypassed the hot water heater only to find cold water at the hot faucet , hot water at the cold faucet. After lots of looking in and around, even upside down I tried using the pump, low and behold everything was right, back to city hookup and backwards again. Finally I found the problem, the city connection was spliced into the hot water line instead of the cold. I know I should have caught this at delivery, but hey this is my first RV, I expected everything to be right, am I asking too much?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bozrazor, we all expect everything to be right, however the reality of it is that it seldom is. I'm thinking if that was your only problem it's as close to right as it will ever get. So enjoy your new Razor.
Peace
Dave