Private Message SPAM from user Jeannette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan

Jim, I just sent a message to notify you that I also received this PM from "Jeanette", then I read on the forum what was being done. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I know that I checked no PM's from anyone except administrators when I registered. I don't understand how it is then that this person is able to use your addresss as the sender? Anyway, thanks for all you are doing to eliminate this from the forum. Susan

jpmorgan37

Susan;

I just checked your settings and you do have accept PM from anyone checked "yes" and "no" checked for buddies and administrators. If this is not what you want, go to your user control panel and change these settings as Jim described in post #7 above.

John
Forum Moderator

jbeletti

Susan,

Please double-check your PM settings. I looked at your user profile and they are set to receive PMs from anyone.

Jim

On edit: Oops - I did not see that John had responded to you in this Susan. Sorry for the duplication.

netters1

I received this message also. I just deleted it. Hopefully you can figure out what happened and keep her from sending these types of messages.

jammaw08

Spam

Well, I must say ole "Jeanette" really got around. I got one too and just deleted it. Glad Jim took care of it!

donabel

Do you mean it was fake?
I thought maybe Heartland was offering us religion as an option. I was considering it.

Oh well, back to worrying about pumps, and things.

GaryB

Thanks Jim for taking swift action to ban this "user". Sorry, Jim, for PMing you about this before I checked the forum to notice there was already a thread discussing it.

Gary

Happy Campers

I was really feeling left out since i havn't recieved a message from her,until late last night or this morning. :( .I know Jim and the others are doing everything in their power to prevent things like this from happening. No matter how well this board is kept sometimes things just happen.Am i worried about it ?,no as i know the mods will take care of the problems.

Sol

Thanks Jim. By the time I opened my PM, all I had to do was observe member status as "banned" to know you had taken care of the problem child.

arcweldr76

Wow ! Its great to read about the quick actions taken to ensure that everyone enjoys this site and is protected against spam garbage. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.