Problem With Repling to Messages

avvidclif

Using Windows 10 and Firefox. If I reply to a message all is well until I use the Delete or Backspace buttons to correct a typing error. At that point my typing is placed on the line above the paragraph I was typing. I cannot go back the the end of the line where I used the Backspace/Delete button.

or and you see where my answer is now.
IE: I am typing this message and make a typing errer(I now backspace to correct it) err

Any ideas? This is the only group I have this problem with.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

All of my computer's do the same thing if I'm replying with the quotes.
If I just do a reply I have no issues.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

I have the same problem. I've found that if I backspace once before typing my text, everything works ok.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'll try to remember that.
I've been copy and pasting it back in after I have to erase it and start over.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Throwing in my $0.02:

Have had this happen on the following:
1. Windows 7 and Firefox (any version),
2. Windows 10 and Firefox (any version),
3. iOS9 and Safari on iPad

Haven't tried lately on my iPad under iOS10.

Note that it only happens in the "quick reply" or inline reply at the bottom of the thread. I usually end up hitting the Advanced button and finishing up the reply there.

linuxkidd

At this time, I've disabled quick reply all together. We are still researching the issue and may intermittently re-enable quick reply for testing, but don't want a poor experience in the interim.

Please play with the functionality as it is now, and let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
LK

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hope in your research, you can also find why a chapter leader isn't notified thru emails when someone post on a thread, like a rally thread that was started by the chapter leader. Our rally has just concluded but this was a major problem, especially when someone post information that the leader needed pretty quickly.

Oregon_Camper

Using Windows 10 and Firefox. If I reply to a message all is well until I use the Delete or Backspace buttons to correct a typing error. At that point my typing is placed on the line above the paragraph I was typing. I cannot go back the the end of the line where I used the Backspace/Delete button.

or and you see where my answer is now.
IE: I am typing this message and make a typing errer(I now backspace to correct it) err

Any ideas? This is the only group I have this problem with.

I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome and have no problems using any keys....backspace....delete....etc.

avvidclif

Same here . . .

I'm not using Chrome and will not switch. I don't know where the problem but it's only on this website.

I intentionally made several errors and used backspace several times and it's working correctly. So what's different abt Quick Reply?

avvidclif

I'm not using Chrome and will not switch. I don't know where the problem but it's only on this website.

I intentionally made several errors and used backspace several times and it's working correctly. So what's different abt Quick Reply?

PLEASE get Quick Reply going correctly. Having to use Quotes is a royal PITA.

Oregon_Camper

PLEASE get Quick Reply going correctly. Having to use Quotes is a royal PITA.

Guess I don't know what "Quick Reply" offers that "Reply to Thread" (lower left) doesn't offer? If you want to quote original post, then I use "Reply With Quote" (lower right)

Capture.JPG