Prospective Buyer - Concerns / Questions

Dogs-Life

williamsfamilytah said:
Fireflipper,

I remember reading a thread where someone let their son use their new Sundance and they had problems with their slide. He ended up getting it fixed on the road and heartland reimbursed them. I have seen the two versions: 2900RK and the 2800RLS at the local dealers. They seem to be very nice coaches, do worry about many of the issues I have read on the forum such as leaking shower, toilet not holding water, microwave issues, wiring and plumbing issues. Of course poor RickNB and the experience he had last weekend. I do know that there will be minor issues with any coach purchased and Heartland is going thru growing pains. As long as they are trying to fix these issues during assembly and taking care of the customer after the sale, which is what I see them trying to do. Thanks fireflipper for the help, I am glad you are close enough to a good dealer to take care of you.

Thanks,
Wes
:)

Hi Wes,

I have not logged in recently, so sorry for the late reply. I was the person whose son had the slide problem and got it fixed in California. I just wanted you to know, that I am very happy so far with my Sundance. I have the 2900 RK which I purchased this spring. After my son returned from California, my wife and I spent a couple of weeks in the upper pennisula of Michigan. While we have only owned the unit for about 3 months we have probably close to 8000 miles on it. The slide problem turned out to be related to a bad support bracket that was quickly fixed by the Heartland dealer in CA. (The dealer thought that someone had possibly jacked it up by the bracket rather than the frame, but since it was new I do not think that was a possibility.) We have had a few other things fixed by our local dealer, but nothing serious. (The one holding tank had the plug from the original cutout install inside and it of course, it partially blocked the water flow. Again a quick fix!)

Before buying the Sundance, we had looked at a Wildcat for a couple of years and pretty much decided that we were going to purchase their rear kitchen model. However, after our local dealer showed us the Sundance next to the Wildcat, we changed our minds. We especially liked the bedroom slide that was available on the Sundance, but not on the Wildcat with a rear kitchen.

We have two neighbors who purchased Wildcats and they both seem to be happy with their units, but both have also had some of the typical issues that you will find whenever you spend time out on the bumpy roads. I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't had something that needed fixing on their trailer, no matter what the purchase price, but what is important to me is how the dealer and the manufacturer handle the problems. We have been very happy with Heartland and our local dealer - Larry's RV. I guess the important thing is that I have not changed my mind and if I were buying a new trailer today, I would stay with the Sundance.

Hope this helps a little.

Dogs-Life,
Sorry it took so long to get back. You last sentence says it all to me. I am glad that everything turned out great for you and your family. Did your son ever buy a Sundance also?

Thank you,
Wes
:)

DMitch

Dogs-Life hit the nail squarely on the head. You can expect problems with whatever you buy. It's how the problems are handled by the dealer and the manufacturer that make all the difference in the world. It's just that simple.

All the best,