Prospective buyer of a Cyclone 3612 5th wheel toy hauler

flyman1

Hi all. New to the forum and have been reading many posts. I came across an opportunity to buy a 2011 Cyclone 3612 toy hauler. Wife and I have been looking for a bit over a year and this unit would met many of our wants. Missing the 1/2 bath but that is about all. A few questions I have are: has anyone had a certified inspection completed on their unit before purchase? Live in west metro area of Mpls/St. Paul, MN and wondering if we should invest in this service. Also, could not find any information on the unit or from the current owner if this unit has a cold weather option or not. How does one find that out? Unit appears to be well taken cared of, always stored indoors in the winter and used only periodically during the year. Generator has 31 hours of use if that is any indication. Owner states that they generally stay at a remote site when camping. I have downloaded several PDI forms which I will take on my next review of the unit so I can at least inspect unit with some idea of what to look at and not overlook something that may cost $$$ for repairs. Unit does have warranty until 12-2017. Sorry about the length of this post, but this is our first RV, always tented before. Thanks for your responses. Flyman1

jimtoo

Hi flyman1,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure if the factory will do it, but you might call and ask about warranty claims and options that were added or ordered when the unit was built. You will need the VIN when you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032. Other than that, the owner if original, should have all the paper work that came with the unit.

I can't yes or no about a certified inspector, maybe some of our other members will jump in with an opinion soon. And they must have purchased an extended warranty from/throu the dealer. I would contact the company and check on that and get something in writing from the company that they are still in business and will honor the warranty for you.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you on the road in a Cyclone some day.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

Don't get too excited about a cold weather package. Other than double pane windows and tank heater pads there isn't much else other than a sticker by the door. These don't work very well when it gets much below 25 degrees out except for a few nights. If it comes with an extended warranty check the warranty, they often don't cover much of anything, if they are still in business. Be sure your truck has the capacity to handle the tongue weight. A certified inspection could be a good idea if they are willing to compensate you for anything they might miss. It sounds like it could be a good unit...Don

danemayer

We have tank heaters and dual pane windows and have taken our Landmark to Breckenridge, CO for extended ski trips for the past 6 ski seasons. We've experienced temps down to -30 F and one winter where overnight temps were below zero every night for several weeks. Tank heaters work. The dual pane windows, regardless of R value debates, keep the condensation and icing from being a problem. Single pane windows allow a lot of heat transfer - dual pane a bit less.

You can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you how the trailer was equipped at the factory. On 2011 models, the option was for tank heating pads. The YETI and Arctic Packages came later and include additional components.

flyman1

Thanks to you all for your input. Took another look at the unit today, appears to be in excellent condition. Only found 1 seam on front cap that is suspect of starting to separate. Roof did not appear to have any bulges, pockets, cuts or rips, caulking all looked to be tight. Fireplace, lighting, both inside and out were functional. Was not able to test or check water system but will do so if we move forward with purchase. Was 40 degrees with about a 20 mph wind blowing, single pane windows, could feel the cold coming in. Wife likes general layout, concerned about height of microwave and cabinets due to her being about 5'. Still debating on getting an inspection done, no one weighed in yet on their experience with having one done.

thibideau

Flyman1
We have purchased our 2012 Cyclone 3612 new and love the floor plan. Lots of cupboard and storage space. We carry a two step with us to reach the upper cabinets.
Had a few hiccups the first year which were resolved at the dealer. Last year we replaced the Tow Max tires before we had any major issues.

Looking forward to hitting the road this summer.

if you move forward with the 3612 wishing you many enjoyable camping trips.

oscar

A "certified inspection".... hmmmm. Wonder what that really means. Who certifies this inspection and what, if any, liability does this relieve you off?

Not available in stores, have your master card and visa ready.

flyman1

An update on the 3612. Couldn't come to an agreement on the price, owner was expecting about 10 g's above NADA from what I could tell. Still going to continue with the search. Thanks again for all your input. Flyman1

avvidclif

See if you can get some of what he was smoking, it's gotta be real good. NADA is Pie-in-the-Sky from all I have seen, way high. Try RV Trader and see if you can get a more realistic idea of what they are selling for.

I ran into a guy like that, turn out he was adding the price of all the equipment he had, BUT it was all considered standard equipment, not options.