Prospective New Owner Advice

rjmcinnis

I am about to purchase a used 2008 Big Country Model 3300RL. I am new to the 5th wheel living but have checked out the unit from top to bottom relying on articles and friends advise. I was hoping current owners might tell me what to look for as well.

Thanks

rj

jimtoo

Hi rj,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The only thing to do is question the owner,, hopefully they will tell the truth.. and then check the unit from top to bottom,,, hook up to power and water and check all systems and appliances.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can find the answer most likely right here. Under the "Tools" tab at the top of the page we have a very good selection of manuals and users guides. Some are written by owners that actually use the item. We also have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

jimtoo

Hi Nevingail,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family.

Please let us know what unit you have, also add it to you profile or signature so if you do have questions we will know what your asking about usually.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally where you will meet lots of great folks and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

brianlajoie

I am about to purchase a used 2008 Big Country Model 3300RL. I am new to the 5th wheel living but have checked out the unit from top to bottom relying on articles and friends advise. I was hoping current owners might tell me what to look for as well.

When you checked the rig, did you use a PDI list? This will help you check everything off. My wife and I spent 3 hours each checking off each item on the list when we bought our trailer.