Provider vs Sailun tires

Hi everyone,

Time to change out my tires on the hauler. Recommendations on Provider vs Sailun G-rated tires? I have seen some good reviews online and in the forum for the Sailun tires as well as the Providers. Has anyone had any experience with the Provider tires?

Thanks,

Johnny

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Never heard of Provider tires but been real happy with the Sailuns that came with the trailer.

jimpav

Also wondering what other load range "G", 14 ply tires are out there (besides Sailun) that are any good????? Haven't heard of "Provider" either

Lynn1130

If you use Google to search "Provider" there are a number of pages of reviews and information on the tire. Also it looks like Discount sells them. If you have a Discount Tire near you you can call and ask. They are pretty good about telling you which tires they see come back because of problems and which ones don't.

As you probably already have seen there are volumes on this site about Sailuns and other tires used by members.

pegmikef

Also wondering what other load range "G", 14 ply tires are out there (besides Sailun) that are any good????? Haven't heard of "Provider" either

Before Sailun, most used Goodyear's G614 and H114. I had good luck with them. Except for self-inflicted damage (brakes locking up) I never had a problem with the G614s in Forty three plus thousand miles (I changed them out at 3 years/32,000 miles because the few problems I did read about were age or poor inflation related.

Just curious, if you are getting S637's at 235/85/16, what price including tax did you find? I will be getting the same tires. Thanks

Trying to figure out if I will get the Sailun S637T 235/85 R16's or the 235/80 R16's. The prices vary on the internet. Trying to see if a local shop carries them..

mlpeloquin

Just to let you know that my friend got the 235/80 R16's and I purchased the 235/85 R16's. The 235/85 R16's carry more weight, but have a much thicker side wall. Their great tires, but required me to go to a commercial tire shop to get them installed. The standard tires shops tire mounting equipment is not strong enough to mount the tires. Went to three different shops and none could do it. Commercial tire shops charge more to mount and balance the tires. Other than that they are both great tires. Over 10.5k miles on them so far.

Just to let you know that my friend got the 235/80 R16's and I purchased the 235/85 R16's. The 235/85 R16's carry more weight, but have a much thicker side wall. Their great tires, but required me to go to a commercial tire shop to get them installed. The standard tires shops tire mounting equipment is not strong enough to mount the tires. Went to three different shops and none could do it. Commercial tire shops charge more to mount and balance the tires. Other than that they are both great tires. Over 10.5k miles on them so far.

Thanks for the info. Are you or your friend running wheels that are 6.5 in wide or 6 in wide? Sailun site recommends running 6.5 in width wheels for either tire size.

mlpeloquin

Thanks for the info. Are you or your friend running wheels that are 6.5 in wide or 6 in wide? Sailun site recommends running 6.5 in width wheels for either tire size.

Both have the same rims that came with the Big Horn, mine, and his was a Big Country. I originally we both had Towmax (BlowMax). I changed them out for Goodyear G614's and had them for five years. Great tires. I do not know what with the rims are, but the tire shops did not have a problem with the rims. Perhaps you could contact Tredit about the width of the rims. I think Heartland gets the rims from Tredit.

Just checked the Tredit web page. The eight lug rims are 6.5 inch and are rated for higher loads. So long as you do not exceed the weight ratings of the rims, you do not have a problem. If you do, you are over the rating of the frame of your trailer as well. Use the Load Pressure chart for the proper pressure. I require a minimum of 65psi. I run 85psi. I have the load pressure charts from Sailun if you need it. I have posted them on the forum before. May Heartlanders run Suilun tires now on the OEM rims.

Both have the same rims that came with the Big Horn, mine, and his was a Big Country. I originally we both had Towmax (BlowMax). I changed them out for Goodyear G614's and had them for five years. Great tires. I do not know what with the rims are, but the tire shops did not have a problem with the rims. Perhaps you could contact Tredit about the width of the rims. I think Heartland gets the rims from Tredit.

Just checked the Tredit web page. The eight lug rims are 6.5 inch and are rated for higher loads. So long as you do not exceed the weight ratings of the rims, you do not have a problem. If you do, you are over the rating of the frame of your trailer as well. Use the Load Pressure chart for the proper pressure. I require a minimum of 65psi. I run 85psi. I have the load pressure charts from Sailun if you need it. I have posted them on the forum before. May Heartlanders run Suilun tires now on the OEM rims.

Thanks for the update and research. Found the wheel size on the specs sticker located at the front of the rig. Also found the wheel size, max psi and max load capacity stamped on the inside of the spoke of the wheel. I have 16x6 wheel size with 110 psi and max load of 3750#. The Sailuns 85's should fit well. I have researched some 6.5 in width wheels, and they are difficult to find.

mlpeloquin

Thanks for the update and research. Found the wheel size on the specs sticker located at the front of the rig. Also found the wheel size, max psi and max load capacity stamped on the inside of the spoke of the wheel. I have 16x6 wheel size with 110 psi and max load of 3750#. The Sailuns 85's should fit well. I have researched some 6.5 in width wheels, and they are difficult to find.

Tredit has them, but they are all eight lug wheels.

avvidclif

I'm curious what the problem is with using a proven brand and well publicized approval rating????? Why re-invent the wheel unless you have a monetary reason?

I'm curious what the problem is with using a proven brand and well publicized approval rating????? Why re-invent the wheel unless you have a monetary reason?

No problems. Want to know recommendations, likes and dislikes, any problems or success people have had with different brands. Definitely want to put the best, safest and most appropriate tire for MY set up.