Pulled the trigger on Ordering 2016 Bighorn 3875FB

HOGHAULER

Traded in our 2009 3600RL. ETA siill 8 weeks so if anybody interested let us know.John S at LakeShore RV in Michigan is a pleasure to do business with.I will update option list Etc. in next posting

Hogladyrider

This is our 2nd Heartland and we love the line.....our full time RV is like a dream come true! We have shopped and shopped and researched for a long time and we opted to purchase our 2nd RV from Lakeshore. IT will be a fun roadtrip from Florida to Michigan to pick it up. Between now and when the new RV is ready we will get our house listed on the market. Our plans to become fulltime RVrs is coming together. We are pumped!

AAdams

Congrats on the new Bighorn! We ordered full body paint on ours and told up to 12 weeks. Last update looks like it will be 9 weeks total to reach the dealers lot, so you may get it earlier than 8 weeks, can only hope. I know the wait seems to be forever...

Hogladyrider

Thanks all.......we really don't mind the 8 week wait as we have LOTS of irons in the fire right now. Getting ready to put the house on the market so we can go full time! We have to find a pet sitter for our senior fur kid for the week we need to go pick up our new RV as it would be stressful for him to make that trip with us. We are currently spending every weekend in our 2009 Big Horn which is just an hour away from our home up on Ocala National Forest and the weekend camping wears him out. It is very emotional watching a fur kid age knowing his days with us are winding down. Also trying to sell some of our "stuff" in our house, so we are staying VERY busy. We have been dreaming and reading about full timing since 2009 and it is going to become a reality!

teasac69

Ours is 2014 same model. We love the floor plan and know 2 years better will be even sweeter. We love the front bath and ours has the half bath vrs office since we have the pull out desk to do any office type work. Not going to full time soon but since tomorrow is my last day at work we are going to be any timers which is almost as good. Happy trails.

Hogladyrider

UGH a little frustration going on .........dealer notified us that our new 3875FB would be ready at the factory for pick up on April 30th.

We planned to take a week off and arrive in Michigan from Florida on Monday May 11th to complete the transaction and hopefully head back south on Wed May 13th.

Here is it time for us to leave and as of last night our new RV still has not been picked up from the factory by the dealer, something about a problem with the transporter.

We have advised dealer we are not heading north without seeing online pictures of our new RV before we leave. Of course today is Friday and several at the dealer have the day off so we wait!

I have no doubts this will all work out just a few bumps in the road. I have been reading here on the forum about others who have had similar situations with being promised their newly built RV's will be ready and the dealer not picking up and having timely from the factory.

I am sure it is not a factory issue but rather a dealer issue with whom they subcontract out the transports to; just a tad bit frustrating after all we have gone thru this week to prepare for our week off road trip.

Susan

danemayer

This is about the busiest time of year for RV deliveries, and if anything like last year, RVs are sitting in lots at every company waiting to be transported.

jayc

Legendary Member
There has been a shortage of RV transport drivers for a long time. I believe the situation is better now but any delay in taking delivery on your new trailer is aggravating.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The question of transport should be brought up prior to ordering. That was one question I raised with each dealer I talked to. Priority of transport should also be asked. Several of the dealers I spoke with had their own transport drivers but their priority was different. Usually customer orders would be transported over other deliveries that their drivers hauled but not always the case.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
HOGHAULER,
Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the neighborhood. Trace

AAdams

I hope they get it there for you soon. I know you will like it once you get as much as we are liking ours.

teasac69

The transporter guys are "generally" speaking a bit of a gypsy group. They don't work all the time, they take units for different coach companies, they get a better offer on a higher paying load, etc. Hopefully they will get it to you soon. I know you must be excited. We certainly love ours and it's a 2014 although just bought new last October.

Happy Trailering.

Miltp920

Congrats. Did you think to upgrade your tires on the new horn? If they are Towmax, you should.

AAdams

Congrats. Did you think to upgrade your tires on the new horn? If they are Towmax, you should.

The new Bighorns are coming out of the factory with Sailuns, G rated tire. I don't know when they made the switch but ours that was built on 4/1/15 (not a joke) had them on it. Thankfully Heartland is moving away from Towmax on the Bighorns.

Bobby A

I was talking to a transport driver a couple years back in Elkhart and he was saying that the reason for delays is that the transport guys can pick and choose what they wanna haul. He told me that they wait on small units to pull because it pays the same as a bigger RV but less wear and tear on there tow vehicle and less money spent on fuel. Things might be different now this was a few years back.