Pulling the trigger on a Big Country, what's next?

AFMagnum

We've agreed on good numbers for a new Big Country 4010RD with a dealer and we're heading over to sign the paperwork to get the build started. This is our first RV and we're wondering what's next. I know the dealer will push the extended warranty, but is there anything else we should expect? Any other "gotcha" to look out for, or any other way the cost might be higher than what we've discussed on the phone? I'm already tracking freight, dealer prep, taxes, & title/doc fees. What am I missing?

AFMagnum

Yep, already used them and Jeff Couch RV Nation to negotiate a price thanks to the great advice here on the forums!

Oregon_Camper

Other than extended warranty, there isn't much more the dealer can throw at you at time of closing.

If you're comfortable with minor repairs, I'd save the $$ and not purchase an extended warranty. But others have purchased and have had great experience. This really comes down to personal preference...I don't think there is a prefect answer to the extended warranty question.

Make sure take the time to do a proper PDI....which IMHO should take 4-5 hours. You're welcome to download mine from the link in my signature or search for others online. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are you buying from ExploreUSA? They will try to sell you a warranty. We opted not to buy.

They will likely make you watch a video which basically explains the hazards of towing and how they are not responsible for your tow vehicle's ability to tow. And other legalese, and sign agreeing you won't sue them for negligence.

I also know they also have a company policy that they will not install "used" items in your coach, like a pin box or washer/dryer from your previous coach. If sales they told you they would, be prepared for push back at time of sale. They will back out, or it will be difficult because they must have it done off-site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Are you buying from ExploreUSA?

I also know they also have a company policy that they will not install "used" items in your coach, like a pin box or washer/dryer from your previous coach.

Is that an ExploreUSA thing?

Our dealership swapped the brand new tires on our trade in to our new Prowler and put the factory supplied BlowMax tires on our old trailer.

Of course, they were only a week old and only had 80 miles on them, and they charged me a couple of hundred bucks for the swap.

AFMagnum

Thanks everyone, that's exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Make sure take the time to do a proper PDI....which IMHO should take 4-5 hours. You're welcome to download mine from the link in my signature or search for others online. :)

Already downloaded it, thanks!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is that an ExploreUSA thing?

Our dealership swapped the brand new tires on our trade in to our new Prowler and put the factory supplied BlowMax tires on our old trailer.

Of course, they were only a week old and only had 80 miles on them, and they charged me a couple of hundred bucks for the swap.

Yes John. They are a big chain here in Texas. Likely lots of lawyers advising them. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk