Pullrite Superglide - My Oakmont Pin Not Tight?

Squirlee

I have an 18K Superglide and I have noticed that the pin on my Oakmont slides back and forth in the hitch about a 1/4". Enough that it clunks when braking and when accelerating.

It is definitely the pin sliding back and forth within the capture jaw.

Anyone else have this issue? Pullrite told me that it is possible the pin isn't standard size?

Thanks

mlpeloquin

If the king pin on your Oakmont is the standard Lippart one it came with, it should be the correct size. As far as the hitch goes, there is some room for movement, but I don't know enough to say a quarter inch is too much. My hitch is a Husky 26K hitch. It has some movement, but I don't think it is as much as a quarter of an inch. The diameter of the Lippert king pin is 2 inches and my new Flexair Trail Air king pin is also 2 inches.

GOTTOYS

I have an 18K Superglide and I have noticed that the pin on my Oakmont slides back and forth in the hitch about a 1/4". Enough that it clunks when braking and when accelerating.

It is definitely the pin sliding back and forth within the capture jaw.

Anyone else have this issue? Pullrite told me that it is possible the pin isn't standard size?

Thanks
There is an adjustable stop on the front of your hitch. You loosen the lock nut then turn the bolt out until it is snug against the slider. Then re-tighten the lock nut. It will take out all the slop..

Squirlee

There is an adjustable stop on the front of your hitch. You loosen the lock nut then turn the bolt out until it is snug against the slider. Then re-tighten the lock nut. It will take out all the slop..

The stop is tight. It is moving between the pin and the jaws.

hoefler

Set your brake controller to a higher setting, when properly set, the trailer will pull on the hitch when braking, limiting the movement.