Quality is still missing at heartland

PSF513

Sounds like we had exactly the same problem. Our fix turned out to be a sensor behind the refrigerator that controls the cooling fan. Put a new one in and it works fine, Good Luck.

funntheson

Most of the problems regarding cooling issues when fridges are on the slideout are due to the vents being on the sides and not the roof. If the fridge is not on the slide the vent is on the roof. Remember hot air rises. So the cure many times is to add an additional fan on the back of the fridge to help move the hot air up and out. The therm.... thing was probably a thing called the thermister which is inside the refrigerator on the fins. It should be on the right fin and when you move it up (it should slide up and down) it will lower the temp in the fridge. If it off the fin of defective it will affect the cooling.

Ours is screwed into the ceiling of the refer, on the left side (as viewed from the front), a few inches from the side of the refer, and pretty much in the middle front to back. Should it be relocated?

Yellowreef

Just slide the clip higher on the fin.

I just double checked on that. The clip is shaped so that part of it wraps around the underside of the fins. It cannot be clipped further up. However, I am able to slide the thermistor up inside the sleeve in the clip. Would that be enough to make any difference?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just double checked on that. The clip is shaped so that part of it wraps around the underside of the fins. It cannot be clipped further up. However, I am able to slide the thermistor up inside the sleeve in the clip. Would that be enough to make any difference?

Then you and I have different systems. Mine slides up and down on the far right fin. There is nothing holding it to the bottom of the fin. My previous TT had the same thermistor clip as my BH.

Is it possible that your's is set at the bottom of the fin and what's actually holding it there is what provides the friction to hold it in place? Try pulling it straight off the fin and look at it. If the "bottom" of it spreads apart, then put it back higher up on the fin and it should slide.

I don't think quality is really missing from Heartland, it just seems that sometimes it's not "Job 1."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry but I have never seen a thermistor screwed to the ceiling of the fridg. Maybe it was put there for transit purposes and should be removed and relocated to the right fin. I would call Dometic (if that is the brand) and as them about it.

back2nature

I did call heartland and talked to the rep and was told that if its over a 100 degs outside that the frig wasn't going to stay cold. I have a log that we kept everyday with the temp of the frig and the outside temp and the temp of the coach. My last trailer's frig was always cold.

I disagree with that rep. We just got back from a five week trip and a lot of it was in the 90's and 100's. We were at Lake Powell for three days where it was 100, AND the refrigerator slide was in the all-day sun. The warmest the frig got was 37 degrees. I was worried about all the sun, but it did well.

funntheson

Sorry but I have never seen a thermistor screwed to the ceiling of the fridg. Maybe it was put there for transit purposes and should be removed and relocated to the right fin. I would call Dometic (if that is the brand) and as them about it.

Here you go:

IMG_0993_8885.JPG

RanCarr

We haven't had any problems with our fridge keeping cold even in the hottest weather. It sounds like that fridge may have a problem. I would be afraid to eat food in a fridge that got as warm as yours does. :(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, I don't know if it matters, but my thermister, if that's what it is called in this case, is mounted to the wall. This refer works good.
therm.jpg

Peace
Dave

Pete and Deb,
Can you tell me where that sensor is located behind the fridge? Our sensor for the inside of fridge isn't on the fins but on the top of the compartment in a little holder that is screwed to the top and about 2" from the fins. Our fridge was in the 50's recently when we were in a campground in Jackson Springs, NC. It was hot outside - over a hundred each day - and the fridge was in the direct sun for much of the day.
Gary and Dian