Quality Question

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Dave we are still fulltiming in our sundance 3300sk and have done many repairs on it. Sometime I have wondered if it is all worth it then I remember that,is the life style I have choosed. It does not make it easy at the time of repair then remember the Detroit area And I am glad I did it TRAVELER07

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Well, do I feel blessed! I've had a couple of very minor issues with my Cyclone, but definitely nothing major. I've been fulltime since March 9, 2008...and I love it! I spent mid-June 08 until the end of May 09 in Wyoming and have been in temps from -30 to 100+. I hauled it around Oklahoma for about 3 months, then from OK to Branson (for last years Heartland Rally), then to WY, back to OK, now in Nebraska. Been fortunate to have my wife and the dog join me FT about a month ago. She's loving it, too!

I never had an RV in my life until the day before I moved into this thing. For the 2 months between the time I bought it and the day I picked it up - thanks to this forum - I learned a heckuva lot about this lifestyle and things to look for and expect, things to check and double check.

Thankfully - so far - my TV never came on by itself, my stereo works right, the shower hasn't leaked, and I never had to take it into the shop for any warranty repairs, although I have replaced a couple of warranty-covered items myself: washing machine pump and the 12V fresh water pump. Right now, I have my fridge cooling fan jumped out to run 24/7 until I can get a new thermal switch - but it's cooling great. I do expect that one of these days, I'll have to contend with replacing the infamous front leveling jack motor, an axle, or two, or three, a generator, a gate valve, a holding tank, a floor here, a slide motor there...something's gonna happen eventually. (Hopefully, it'll wait until I get the Duramax issues taken care of!)

Like others, I have plenty (way more than I really need) of tools and try to stay on top of the preventative maintenance. I'm working 6 days/week, 10-12 hrs/day so only "get" to mess with the Cyclone little bits at a time.

I've met lots of folks on the job and in the campgrounds and I can undoubtedly say I am so glad I bought a Heartland. The quality is much superior to others I've seen.

Anyone wanna buy a stick-n-brick in OKC? :) :D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
No he isn't... just more stuff from the Heartland ' cheerleaders" section.......

Eh!

Well, I guess if you don't like the folks here you could take your attitude and bitterness elsewhere.....Kenny

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
No he isn't... just more stuff from the Heartland ' cheerleaders" section.......

Eh!

One of these days we can sit down face to face and talk about our mutual problems with our rigs and how we got them resolved. And Lord knows I have had our share. I have found out that you can get much more down when you have a positive attitude instead of being a "downer". Maybe I am a "cheerleader" as you see it. To me I am just giving credit where credit is due. I could sit here and "bellyache" about things I see and know are wrong but I have always been told to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. I have found it works better to tell any corporate entity your problems in private rather than airing them in public. Also you can sit down with them and discuss what it would take to make you a Happy Camper. Sure works better for me. HAPPY CAMPINGNone

I contacted Heartland and we have gotten good results finally on our TV issues but have to say we still have problems getting things fixed through our dealership. I guess I have to say if it is a small issue to save yourself getting to frustrated it is probably easier to do them yourself. Jake Fowler

Dave

Traveling Two
Thanks everyone for your inputs--I didn't and don't want to start a food fight, I wanted to know just how much work does it take to keep a unit operating properly. I was venting a little the other day, in our previous campers we were weekend warriors with an occasional week or two trip to the Black Hills but I never spent hours keeping the unit in working condition. Now that we are, for all pracitcal purposes, full timing by living in our Sundance for 9 months out of the year, I'm realizing that there will be more maintenance required than our weekend warrior unit. As htneighbors stated, he has repaired and replaced warranty components in his unit, in our situation, this is what I will end up doing for repairs I can perform myself, I don't have a problem with this. I know I can do a better job of fixing my unit than the vendor would where we purchased the Sundance.
So my fellow travelers, my question was answered and I'm sorry if I vented but at the same time I was looking for input from the full timers, which I got. Thanks again..hope to see you on the road somewhere!!

Good to hear from traverl07..hope to see you somewhere!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
One of these days we can sit down face to face and talk about our mutual problems with our rigs and how we got them resolved. And Lord knows I have had our share. I have found out that you can get much more down when you have a positive attitude instead of being a "downer". Maybe I am a "cheerleader" as you see it. To me I am just giving credit where credit is due. I could sit here and "bellyache" about things I see and know are wrong but I have always been told to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. I have found it works better to tell any corporate entity your problems in private rather than airing them in public. Also you can sit down with them and discuss what it would take to make you a Happy Camper. Sure works better for me. HAPPY CAMPINGNone

Hey Jim...don't sweat it...just consider the source! Those of us who've figured out how to deal with a bad situation, and not make it worse, know exactly what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned, you are right!

Hope you and Sheila are doing well, and we'll see you in October...

Dave...glad you got the info you wanted, and hope to meet you on the road one day.

Ricky (traveler07)...hey guy, hope you and Blanca are well...how's the babies!!! Maybe we'll see you in Texas in October too...

Kathy and Ken

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Dave where are you at now hope you are doing better now keep in touch ,would like to meet you and the Mrs TRAVELER07

Dave

Traveling Two
Traveler07..Were in Virginia Beach VA and I'm still working for the Navy and probably will be for the next couple of years. We are hoping to take some extended time off, maybe a month, in the near future and go somewhere just not sure were. Whew!! I did get answer to my question, I guess I expected when I purchase my mid to high level camper I wouldn't have the issues I've had like squeeky faucets in both kitchen and bathroom. A lot of the repliers said I will have issues with my camper just like I have issues with my house. I tend to disagree with this arguement because my house hasn't given me hardly any problems in over nine years. O'well, thats just the way it is. BTW I got my shower leak fixed yesterday!! Clean all under!! Hope to cross paths with you and the Mrs. in the near futurer, take care and be careful. Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Traveler07..Were in Virginia Beach VA and I'm still working for the Navy and probably will be for the next couple of years. We are hoping to take some extended time off, maybe a month, in the near future and go somewhere just not sure were. Whew!! I did get answer to my question, I guess I expected when I purchase my mid to high level camper I wouldn't have the issues I've had like squeeky faucets in both kitchen and bathroom. A lot of the repliers said I will have issues with my camper just like I have issues with my house. I tend to disagree with this arguement because my house hasn't given me hardly any problems in over nine years. O'well, thats just the way it is. BTW I got my shower leak fixed yesterday!! Clean all under!! Hope to cross paths with you and the Mrs. in the near futurer, take care and be careful. Dave

Dave, you should consider joining us for the VA/NC/MD/WV/SC (and a couple of other attendees) rally in late Sept on the Outer Banks.