Question about rally

gawelsh

We'll be looking for the registration in Oct for the '07 rally . Will it be dry
camping or do they provide us with hook up sites ?

I think the idea of having driving classes for women is wonderful - and my husband is one of the most patient men on the face of the planet, so he'll volunteer to be one of the teachers, if it happens (I'll be a student, for sure !!)

SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST !! Can't wait to meet everyone....

jbeletti

Hi gawelsh,

Glad you are interested in the rally. The one we had this year was a blast. The section we are in at the Fairgrounds has full-hookups. The power is 50 amp. Be sure to bring extra long water and sewer hoses and possibly a longer power cord as all the hookups are behind the trailer at the back of the sites. This is done as the Fairgrounds is a multipurpose location and these sites are used for more than RVs. As such, the like to keep all the equipment to the back.

We'll see how the RV driving class idea develops. So far there are several who have expressed interest. We need to find a lot that we can do this in and a trailer to do it with. I'm pretty sure we'll come up with something.

Jim

gawelsh

Ah, good news about full hookup ! We're about 9 hrs away from Goshen, so we'll start our planning well in advance....we sure intend to make the rally , at this point.

SmokeyBare

Weighing Heavy on My Mind....

We have our 3400RL BigHorn loaded...
I would love to know the actual weight...

When we left a Rally in Chico California last this spring we had a chance to get our old rig weighted by a company called RVSEF "Recreational Vehicle Safety Educational Foundation".

They did of course charge for this service and I'd gladly pay for the service again with our new FifthWheel.

It would be good to know the individual wheel loading as well as axle weights of our BigHorn. It would also give the Pin weight.

Is there a chance for this Service to be offered at the 2007 International Heartland Owner's Rally in Goshen Indiana?

Marv

jpmorgan37

Hi Marv;
I don't have the answer to your question. Maybe Jim does. I know that last year, Stacey Frank of Weigh-it was there and weighed my rig and a bunch more. He also gave a seminar on weights, tires, loading and balancing which was very informative. I hope that he comes back again this year. His web-site is: http://weighit.tripod.com/ and his e-mail address is: weighit@gmail.com. Maybe he can tell you if he plans to come.

John

jbeletti

Hi Marv,

As John stated, Stacey and Gail Frank did a great job for us in 2006. We are trying to get on their calendar but they will be at Suites Owners rally in Branson, MO the week prior to ours. I think they are considering it so we'll just have to wait for now.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had our 3400RL weighed right after picking it up from the dealer. All holding tanks empty and LP full per dealer. My options included, Dual Pane windows, Euro recliners, Trail Air Pin. Prep for front A/C and bedroom fantastic vent installed, Countertop extension, Alum wheels, 10 cu.ft. fridge w/icemaker. NO Television... Weights as follows.
Total with truck, me & dog 19,080
Truck, no trailer 7,080
trailer total 12,000
Pin Weight 2,180
Axles 9,260

I hope this helps. I'm not sure what options you have.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OOP's the axle weight I posted was incorrect. It should have read 9,820 on the axles. My truck weight with pin was 9,260. Just a bit over the trucks GVRW. Sorrry

J

Jim_1899

I just was wondering if we are going to tour the new Heartland plant. I saw on the their web site that it was being built.

J

Jim_1899

Looking at the article again on Heartlandrvs.com under the news. It did not give a date when they built this new building so it might have been built a year or two ago. Is that the building that the people toured last year on the ralley.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We toured the old factory at the 2006 Rally. The new building was right next door and was still under construction. I am anxious to see the new facilities this year at the Rally

jbeletti

UPDATED: RV Weighing Service to be offered at 2007 Rally

Hi all,

Good news. I just spoke to (via email) Stacey and Gail Frank of Weigh-It and they "will" be providing their RV Weighing Service at the 2007 Rally in Goshen.

They have their own Double Tree Mobile Suites rally to attend the week prior in Branson but will head back to Goshen to service us.

To those who are new to the Heartland Owners International Rally or have never had your rig weighed other than truck scales at truck stops, this is a great service to have done at least once. To know what your truck and trailer weigh by axle and by side is invaluable information. Even if you're not pushing your gross vehicle weight rating. Just knowing how balanced your rig is, axle to axle and side to side is important information.

As we get closer to rally time, we'll get a flyer posted and it will contain information on contacting Stacey and Gail to get your weigh-in date/time. Last year's cost was about $40. Not sure what we'll pay for 2007 - can't imagine it being higher than $50.

Thanks,

Jim

Update for 29-Jan: Per the Franks, the price remains the same as 2006 at $45 per rig (truck and trailer).

Last edited:

phranc

Thanks Jim for signing on Weigh-it .I've used the 'CAT' scales a few times and this beats that process .You get a nice print out too..

Tom of Ypsi

This is good news. I have never had the trailer or truck weighed and we should be fulltimers by then so I think it is important to have accurate weights . This might be my ticket to get a new truck :D

SmokeyBare

Jim,

Thanks for signing up the weigh in service for the Rally. I will be sure to have our Bighorn and truck weighed.

Marv