Question about the HVAC in our Big Country 3596RE

ufda

On a recent trip to FL for 6 weeks we experienced both hot and cool temps. When the temp dropped and we ran the furnace I had to turn off the rear a/c unit at the breaker box to keep the a/c fan from running. I was under the impression that when the furnace was selected thermostat that locked out the a/c system, am I wrong in that assumption?

We throughly enjoy the BC 3596RE and are planning our next trip soon.
Thanks in advance,
Ufda

danemayer

Hi ufda,

The A/C fan is blowing because the FAN setting on the thermostat is set to HIGH or LOW. If you change it to AUTO it'll stop doing that. We just posted a user guide for the Heating and Cooling Systems that covers this and much more, including instructions on how to change the fan setting. Here's a link.

ufda

Thank you sir, I was about to call my local service center for an appointment, you have save me time and money!!
Many thanks, I have downloaded the pdf for future reference.
Happy Trails,
Ufda

TXTiger

Dan. Thanks for the link to the user guides. Good reading on the heat/ac and hot water systems. Do you have any info on Internet security for the Mac, IPad, IPhone in addition to the PC?

danemayer

Dan. Thanks for the link to the user guides. Good reading on the heat/ac and hot water systems. Do you have any info on Internet security for the Mac, IPad, IPhone in addition to the PC?

Sorry TwoToes. No experience on Mac and less need so far on mobile devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD