Question about the Level Up system

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I have a 2012 Key Largo. When I prepare to hook up the RV to my truck, I turn the Level Up system ON, then push both the LEFT and RIGHT buttons simultaneously. I expect the system to raise the RV to the point where the AUTO LEVEL was started. Instead, I get this message, "FEATURE DISABLED". Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Ken

danemayer

Just guessing but it might be disabling jack movement while the stabilizers are retracting. If the stabilizers are down and you extend the front jacks, you could damage the stabilizers.

jnbhobe

I have a 2012 Key Largo. When I prepare to hook up the RV to my truck, I turn the Level Up system ON, then push both the LEFT and RIGHT buttons simultaneously. I expect the system to raise the RV to the point where the AUTO LEVEL was started. Instead, I get this message, "FEATURE DISABLED". Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Ken

Mine are doing that too I think it needs to be reprogramed because it didn't work that way before. I get some time I'll have to look for some info on how to fix it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

The few times I have used mine, I get the same read out so I just use the manual mode.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thats the same thing I get Larry, one of these days I'll try to fix it.

I just figured I was doing something wrong. I am still getting used the Level Up. I really liked the Ground Control we had on the BC.

I did recalibrate the system for level though. It came from the factory about 4 inches out of level front to back with the back being high. Very easy to do, just got to push the buttons 22 times.

Firerad1

We ust picked up our new 3585RL and never tried the level up system until the winds grounded us in Rantoul, IL. Had to put them down to avoid getting seasick in the high winds on Monday.

I had the same results when I tried to retract it, then the voltage read 9.3 volts. Since I hadn't hooked up the other two batteries I have, I wasn't sure if it was new operator error, low battery or cold temperatures, which the label says will give it amind of it's own. I plugged into the truck and soon had enough battery to get the levelers raised and get hooked up to get on to Springfield,IL.

I'm was looking forward to getting down to Southern Texas to warm up, take my gloves off and figure it all out. Our Lippert Leveling system video doesn't work, Heartland said they didn't know there was a leveling video, so now I look forward to seeing it when we get home and go through our mail in the Spring. Auto leveling works great, it's just getting it retracted that has me upset. Even the U-tube videos we found on line didn't help.

I feel like the last goose heading south, no-one her in the Springfield State Fairgrounds!

danemayer

then the voltage read 9.3 volts.

9.3 V won't drive the pump motor. If this was within a few days after picking up the rig, and it happens again, you ought to make sure your converter is charging the battery. Sometimes the converter plug is a bit loose and falls out of the outlet. It's probably behind the basement wall.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Firerad1, where will you be in Southern, TX? There are plenty of Heartlanders down here willing to assist with your Level-Up.

Peace
Dave

Firerad1

I checked early on to make sure it was charging the battery. We didn't opt for for more than one battery and brought two new bigger ones from home. With no power after turning off our Honda, we pulled in the slides then tried retract the levelers. In the cold temps with only one battery I wasn't too surprised at our first attempt. I'm hoping the additional two batteries will keep us from having a dead system, but I still am upset that it gave me a "Feature Disabled" message when I first stared to bring it down for travel.

I'm still looking forward to learning what I need to do to get it back to where we can hook up without having to go thru the manual mode every time we want to hit the road.

We had time while in Elkhart and they confirmed the converter is behind the basement wall,

Firerad1

I installed the two additional batteries we brought with us to Elkhart and it makes a big difference. The system still will not retract back to unhitched position by pushing both Right and Left buttons together. I've had good success by pushing the Retract button, then hold the Rear button until all four rear levelers are raised. It is something we can both remember. It's absolutely worderful to have Auto Leveling, and it makes the RV much more stable in the winds we had in IL.

Cookie, we have no idea where we'lll be staying when we get to San Antonio. We are south of Hannibal, MO now and am trying to find a good route with the least traffic to San Antonio. Never been this far east so we're not in a big hurry, just lusting for some warmth. If you have some suggestions on where to stay we're all ears.

Sure glad we ordered our rig with dual pane windows and a fireplace! I never thought the fireplace would see so much use. The little things we've found wrong do not detract from our love of our new RV. Sure love the Mor Ryde and disc Brakes, still backing off the controller as they get better all the time. Kind of desolate up here, looking forward to seeing some tanned Heartland owners when we reach southern Texas!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Firerad1, depending when you are getting to the San Antonio area, there is a rally in Kerrville just a bit NW. Sweetheart Rally, Feb 16-19. There will be around 10 Heartlanders there. And it's at a great RV park and it's a fun time.

Peace
Dave

Try unplugging the multi connection plug for the level-up brain.
Wait a few minutes and plug it back in. This will let the unit reset itself.
You may have to recenter the device.
Hope this helps.

Firerad1

I'll try unplugging it, then plug it back in to see it will re-boot. More experience on my part won't hurt also.

Cookie, not sure of our travel plans. We may be delayed here in MO a bit. We heard a loud band on the side of our new unit, then heard crackling noises. I raised the shade behind the couch and saw a shatted window on the slider portion of the window. The outer pane is in tact, just the inside pane apparently shattered from stress. The screen is keeping the shards from the livings space for now, but I'm going to call this morning and see about getting it repaired before we move and cause a bigger mess. It looks like it's going to be a while longer before I can get out of long pants!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
In talking with the Lippert customer service people, this is what I learned. The Level Up system will not "raise" the front end back to where it started the auto leveling operation. It will only "lower" it back to that point. If the auto level operation has to lower the front end to level the RV, the system will not raise the front end back to the starting point. If the system has to raise the front end to level the RV, then the system will lower the front end back to the starting point. I don't necessarily understand the logic, but that's what they said. We will continue to use the manual operation when we are ready to hook up. I still love the Level Up system and we are very glad we got it. Ken

porthole

Retired
That doesn't make sense, since the system always lowers the trailer first then finds it's level.
I have not remembered to use the "return" feature enough to even remember how mine works. Using an air hitch means I have to manually set the jacks anyway.

Just my two cents...I bet it won't raise the front to level because of the possibility the rear stabilizers are not first retracted. I can imagine it doing some damage if they have not been retracted and they sure do move sloooowly.

Gizzy

Just my two cents...I bet it won't raise the front to level because of the possibility the rear stabilizers are not first retracted. I can imagine it doing some damage if they have not been retracted and they sure do move sloooowly.

Could be, but on our rig the rear stabilizers start retracting the instant you push the Level Up power button. I'm sure it's a built in safety factor.

jnbhobe

I must admit that I forget that feature a lot of times since I have the front jack switch hooked up, I tend to adjust the front with the left and right jacks still down.

porthole

Retired
The comments about the rear jacks make sense, the system we and Jon have do not have the stab jacks tied in.

I can tell you - and don't ask how I know, the hydraulics are way stronger then the electric stab jacks, and hydraulics will win.