Question about tires

ketah777

Hello, we just ordered a new 3650bh and we're very excited! I'm a little concerned though about what kind of tires are coming with it. Are they still putting towmax on these? I've heard horrible things about the blowouts some have experienced. Are we going to need to replace the tires as soon as we get the new unit?

ketah777

Oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, meant to post under Gateway. Moderator, will you please move this? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim.Allison

Nice to know you. The fivers are the ones that blow out that sorry excuse for a fiver tire. Ask if you can upgrade to G614's they are optional. 5 for $1200 would be a good deal. You will be able to drive off the lot in comfort and confidence. If you want to wait you might make a better deal and there are many who can point you in the right direction as far as price is concerned. Your existing rims should work fine for the 614s but you have to check them. The data is on teh back of the rim. You need to see 3750 lbs and 110 psi rated. If you don't see that rim spec I suspect something is wrong. Anyway the 614 is the tire in my opinion.

I put the ultimate blowout deterrent on my rig but wish I would have weighed my rig before doing so. I would have bought the 614s instead of new rims and GY 114s. But Im happy. My towmax went out at 1800 miles and did $2000 in damage, plus a spoiled weekend. I now travel with confidence with a 75 mph rated tire that is more than adequate. Overkill but I have piece of mind. Good luck. You are correct in addressing this issue early. If you do upgrade make sure they give you 5 for the price quoted and make sure its a good deal, there are many online and local sources for the 614s.

Hello, we just ordered a new 3650bh and we're very excited! I'm a little concerned though about what kind of tires are coming with it. Are they still putting towmax on these? I've heard horrible things about the blowouts some have experienced. Are we going to need to replace the tires as soon as we get the new unit?

Last edited:

danemayer

If you upgrade tires from Load Range E to Load Range G (Goodyear G614 or Sailun S637 or something comparable), the wheels need to be rated for 3750 lbs / 110 psi.

You may want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. The Brand Manager can tell you which tires and wheels your rig will have. If you want to change, your dealer should be able to call in a late change to a recent order. Or you can switch them locally.