Question for Jim B.

2010augusta

here is Jim's answer another time this question was asked. Jim I hope you don't mind that I answered for you.

phranc,

The tube is an EZ-Hose Carrier from Camping World. It's the long one. I am using it for a long sewer hose. The tube I.D. is large enough that I can keep the sewer collar on it all the time. The mounting flange on each end as well as the end caps with tethers come with it - fully assembled. You can make one much, much cheaper using stuff from the home improvement stores if you can find all the parts you like. I did look once too but didn't find all that I'd need. Rather then drive to several stores, I went the easy route and got this unit all ready to roll!

Ideally, I'd like to relocate this to underneath the trailer to keep all dampness (and potential yuck!) out of the storage area. I do rinse my hose out well before putting away but let's not kid - it isn't really sanitized! And when you're in line at the dump, you don't have time to let it drip dry all the way. On the off-door-side of the tube mount, I dropped it down using a piece of scrap wood (1-1/4" square) from the build-up frame from the storage tray. This way it has some slope to it and will drain. If need be, I will place a towel on the floor of the compartment.

Funny you mention the ladder. I have considered putting a folding ladder in one of these tubes. But I ended up getting a 7 foot folding ladder and it is too long for the longest EZ-Hose Carrier. Though I could make my own I guess. Would need a special end with holes for draining. Not sure if you can see it but I have the ladder all folded up on the sliding storage tray toward the front.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, I used a 6"x6" white plastic fence post installed by plumbers tape to the frame in front. I glued 1 fence post cap on one end and put latches on the other end. The fence post holds more (8' long), in fact I had to cut off about 6", so it didn't stick out past the sides of the coach. Drill a couple of small holes in it so it can drain out any moisture. Works good for me. I think it cost me about $30.00 and about an hours time for the whole thing. Im really not sure why you would store a poop hose in the basement. My 2cts Bob:D

patrick1945

Patrick, I used a 6"x6" white plastic fence post installed by plumbers tape to the frame in front. I glued 1 fence post cap on one end and put latches on the other end. The fence post holds more (8' long), in fact I had to cut off about 6", so it didn't stick out past the sides of the coach. Drill a couple of small holes in it so it can drain out any moisture. Works good for me. I think it cost me about $30.00 and about an hours time for the whole thing. Im really not sure why you would store a poop hose in the basement. My 2cts Bob:D

I don't want it for sewer hose but would like to use if for fishing poles and the mast for my weather station.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I took the white sewer hose holder from Camping World, painted it black and then used a 2 hose clamps and clamped them (one on each side) of the drop down frame. It is out of the way, easy to use, matches the frame and allows me to store several extra sewer hoses.

jbeletti

here is Jim's answer another time this question was asked. Jim I hope you don't mind that I answered for you.

Don't mind at all Alan. I thought I answered this one recently. Forum is getting so big it's a little harder for people to find things at time.

Jim

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I used on my last rv, a 6" pvc pipe with regular screw on sewer caps on each end. Drilled holes so it would drain good. I keep 1 long sewer hose on one side, and a short hose pushed in on the other side. I keep the red (valterra?) quick connect fittings on both ends. If i need a real long sewer run, i just connect both hoses. Works well but i really needed a few more inches so it was not jammed tight, so i sold it with the rv. Will get the same set up with the new bighorn. Also painted it black to match the underside of the rv.