Question RE: flooring upgrades.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I have been looking at the threads for flooring upgrades ( replacements ) and have noticed that it seems that no one has replaced the floor on the actual slides. I really want to get rid of the carpet in the dinning slide in my Cyclone. I know that it will require the removal of the table Peg Holes and the entire u-shaped seat ( but Duane has already done that at least once - so I have a how to guide )

But my concern is, was there a reason I have not seen any of the flooring mods do this or did I just miss it in my review of the flooring upgrade threads?

Thanks for your guidance -

Kevin

Moderators : feel free to move this if there is a better place to post...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if anyone has replaced the carpet in the slide with anything other than more carpet.
I think the reason might be that the carpet covers up the transition opening that would show if there were no carpet covering it.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

VKTalley

I have been looking at the threads for flooring upgrades ( replacements ) and have noticed that it seems that no one has replaced the floor on the actual slides. I really want to get rid of the carpet in the dinning slide in my Cyclone. I know that it will require the removal of the table Peg Holes and the entire u-shaped seat ( but Duane has already done that at least once - so I have a how to guide )

But my concern is, was there a reason I have not seen any of the flooring mods do this or did I just miss it in my review of the flooring upgrade threads?

Thanks for your guidance -

Kevin

Moderators : feel free to move this if there is a better place to post...

Kevin, We opted to not replace the slide carpet as, in our unit, they are covered up by our recliners and desk. I have seen on the internet where others have removed the carpet from the slides. Search RV Floor remod/redoes, that is how I found it. Here is the link to one that I have been looking at....Click Here.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks for the input - I'll have to look at what the carpet is covering up... I had not though of that as a potential issue....

MCTalley

I'll go with what my wife said. In addition, when our slides are out, the slide floor is about an inch higher than the main floor (this difference is not as noticeable when you have carpet on the main floor). The installation my wife referenced shows a piece of transition trim screwed onto the lip of the slide. I'm the type that would be constantly breaking that piece off moving recliners in and out, etc. I just felt that the carpet does a better and smoother job of hiding that step.