Queston about recovering seat cushions

MountainTop

The vinyl on the seat back cushions of our dinette just disintegrated after 3 years of occasional use. Any advice about getting them recovered - type of vinyl or other durable fabric or any other tips?

The actual seat cushions are also getting worn, so will soon need to do something there as well. They get plenty of wear since they double as our bed every night. We want to get more comfortable foam but not sure what to ask for that won't squish down and wear so quickly on the most used areas. I'm not brave enough to undertake this job myself, but want to be well informed before I hand the job over to an upholsterer.

lote314

We have a 2013 415RW Road warrior and our sectional sofa material is horribly damaged as well. Your description of disintegrating is a perfect adjective. We bought it used and there were only two people that used it prior to us. I am having the same questions, as it is embarrassingly bad and would like to recover or replace. Do you happen to know the manufacturer of your material? We have been in touch with Heartland and they only have 'couch' listed under our VIN #. We have been trying to get it replaced under warranty since it is defective, this is not normal wear for a rig that is only 3 years old. I look forward to hearing from you!

MountainTop

It doesn't look like anyone is chiming in with ideas to solve our disintegrating vinyl upholstery problem. I'm afraid we'll just have to take our chances at an upholstery shop and keep our fingers crossed!

lote314

It doesn't look like anyone is chiming in with ideas to solve our disintegrating vinyl upholstery problem. I'm afraid we'll just have to take our chances at an upholstery shop and keep our fingers crossed!

We haven't gotten anywhere with a Heartland except for last week we called and mentioned we were going to put it out on the forum to see if we could get any help. They got very defensive and the following Monday, I got a namenof the manufacturer with a model number and was basically told good luck. Ours is a sectional and all cushions are attached so very difficult to recover. Not cost effective. It's a shame that you spend top dollar on a 'luxury' toy hauler and the material is so defective. It is our first time owning a toy hauler by Heartland, we've always had Weekend Warrior and never had one issue and we were in it every weekend with company and our two young boys. Very disappointed. If you find out anything, please keep me updated and I will do the same for you.

carl.swoyer

We had the same problem. We junked the RV furniture. Purchased residential leather furniture from Carolina factory outlet here in Florida. We the purchased new fabric and had all four dinette chairs reupholstered. I had enough fabric left over and I used it on the window toppers

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
You will want to go with High Density foam when you replace them. It will not mash down so much.