R.O style tap.

Routemaster

I have an R.O. style tap I wish to install at the kitchen sink anyone done this? good location on the counter top also would one need a carbide drill bit and do you need a puddle of water on the surface to stop fracture? I was looking to pass the 1/4" pipe through the belly from the front baggage compart to the sink base some 15ft<> any tricks to avoid dropping the belly maybe using a 1/2" pipe to guide it. Thoughts.

6.7LMegaCab

I installed one of those 3 filter, no tank, RV style RO systems with the quick release filters right under the sink. I personally don't recommend that style as the water really never tasted that great. If we ever go full time, or even for a couple of weeks, there is room under my sink for one of those 7 stage RO systems that I use at the house that will fit. But to answer your question, I really don't know of a way to run the line without dropping the underbelly. You might be able to drop one side just enough to run the line down and grab it with those long reach grabbers, then run it along the frame, then find a way to get it back up.

The countertop didn't take much to drill, but it really depends on what the material is.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

I have a 5-gall bottle and a FLOJET pump module wishing to store in the front basement and then running that out to the kitchen, I had thought about R.O. but it wastes a lot of water.

Routemaster

The countertop drilled with a step drilled fine and I rearranged the three filter vessels to get them in the bin cupboard with the membrane mounted on the side wall, works well.

Attachments

• RO in the bin cupboard.JPG
    RO in the bin cupboard.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 8