Rally

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I've seen posts from other owners' forums about their rallies and it seems like it is a good time for the factory to show up and make corrections to units. Friends of ours bought an Itasca Meridian MH last year and attended a local rally for Winnebagos and Itascas and were able to get some repair work done right on the spot by factory personnel, as well as from the dealer who also had repair guys on location.

I'm game for anywhere, however, within reasonable driving distance.

J

Jeff

Here's the Good Stuff!

Hello Folks:

I just received this information from the RV Park Owners in Branson, MO.

Please read: From Jim and Linda Smith, Ozark Campground.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for requesting information regarding your rally in Branson in June or July of 2006.

We are happy to make any show or attraction reservations at any group rates available from the theater. For your outdoor meetings or gatherings, a large pavilion is available complete with picnic tables, a relaxing swing and chairs. An outdoor grill, water and electric hookups make your outdoor cooking experience easy at the campground pavilion. The pavilion has lighting for evening gatherings.

As you know, we also offer an indoor meeting room with a full kitchen for potlucks and pancake breakfasts or for playing cards or games or just relaxing. The indoor facility will seat 30-40 comfortably.

We hope you select Branson’s Ozark Country Campground RV Park for your stay. If so, you should notify us as soon as possible since we reserve sites a year in advance. At that time we will put a tentative hold on sites for you. Then 30 days in advance of your arrival we will need a roster with the names, addresses, number of people per unit, type and length of unit, and whether 50amp service is required. In addition to the roster, we ask you to enclose a check for $15.00 per site. We will issue you a confirmation letter at that time with a balance due later. When you arrive, we ask for one check for the remaining registration fee per the confirmation letter, any emergency cancellations will reduce the total owed. Rally’s and groups are offered a 35% discount off the regular site fee. The cost per night per site, at 2006 rates is $19.50 plus tax ( $20.67 per day), 50amp or additional people over 2 per unit is $3.00 extra per day. Everything is included with your site fees. Unlike other campgrounds we do not charge extra for the use of the clubhouse or facilities. Final confirmation of the total rigs arriving is required 2 weeks in advance of your arrival. We look forward to assisting you in developing your itinerary and hope you select our campground for your stay.

Jim and Linda Smith

You will be hard pressed to find an RV Park that offers this much stuff at no extra cost. The Rate is excellent also.

Now, the Factory Tour stuff is OK, but that takes all of 3 hours and then what do you do?

Goshen, IN and Granger, IN aren't exactly entertainment capitals of the world. If you're gonna have a RALLY then have it in a place where other forms of entertainment are available for all RALLY participants, from Young Children and Grand Children to the Older Adults. Branson, MO offers that and more.

Branson is also very Centrally Located for most Owners. From Los Angeles to Branson, it's 1650 miles, vs. 2200 miles to Elkhart. What about the East Coast or Southern Borders and Florida. Branson is alot easier for those wanting to attend.

If you're just wanting to attend for Factory Tours and Some Trailer Repairs, that's fine, but who wants to have their trailer worked on All DAY!

Now, arguements can be made both ways for this. But, if this thing is gonna get off the ground, planning needs to start now.

I will send out a Mass Email to all Registered Users and see how many comments we get back and what the outcome is! If the response comes back positive for Branson, MO, I'll begin the planning process. If the response comes back positive for Granger, IN or Goshen, IN, someone else can do the Leg work and I'll back out and stay away!

That's about all for now!

Jeff

nemo45

You might try the Branson KOA that is where Open Road (Pilgrim International) held their rally last week in Branson. All the reports so far that I've read have been good on the facility.:)

Dusty

Branson, Mo. sounds good to me, June 2006 is probably good for me too. Its too early to tell yet, but it is sure something to plan toward.

Dusty and Linda

davebennington

It seems to me we do have decision as to where we can meet. I sugggest a poll, Jeff if you could put one togeather that would be good.
Example:
1. Branson
2. Granger - Goshen
3. Other -Suggestions.
Then we all can make an informed decision as to going or not. Any way we can help, we are available.

dave:)

Last edited:
re: Rally in 2006

Hi, Just joined the forum today, so I don't know if a poll or mass email has been sent.
My two cents worth:
I'm a new Landmark owner and am very interested in this forum and a rally. No matter where it is held, I will try to attend, but of course, where it is held will determine if I am able. That is going to be the case for everyone I'm sure, but we should also note that this is only the first attempt at a rally and if this one comes off as a pleasant experience, those who go out of their way to attend will be back and those who didn't, or couldn't, attend will try harder the next time. Any following Rally's could/should also be located in other areas making it possible for people from other areas to attend. Something I also think is very important is the factory incentive toward attendance. I read the post from Heartland and am glad they are interested in a Rally but it wasn't spelled out very well exactly what the factory was willing to do for Hearland Owners who make the effort to get together. Will they provide entertainment, food, events, seminars, upgrades, owners suggestion get togethers? I have friends who attended some sort of rally for Montana Fifth Wheels and owners were asked for input on how to improve interior design. What do they have to put on our plate. I will be doing the drive of about 1900 miles from Central California, and at the current 2.50 per gallon out my way for diesel fuel this is a reasonable commitment to make. I think it can be a lot of fun and it's always great to meet people who have a shared interest. I'll be watching here for more info, or feel free to email me with any developments. I'm already itching to get back on the road and we just returned yesterday from a trip to Texas. Love that Golden Gate, the best one yet!!

Dusty

I live in central Texas and if I am not on a planned extended trip through the northwest, I would love to and plan to attend. If by chance, I don't make this one, then perhaps the next one.

Dusty&Linda

Rick

:p Like everyone else I was wondering what happened to the rally. Would love to go and meet some of the folks that post on the forum. My wife and I are open to go just about anywhere except to the westcoast.(until we retire that is)Anyway it still sounds like a great idea to have one. Rick & Sandi(TIN CAN TOURISTS)

Tom of Ypsi

When I left on our trip on 7/28 there was, or I thought, a majority of people voting for some place around the Heartland factory. I am back and I find that the poll and some of my replies are missing as well as some of Jeff's posts and replies. Can some one explain what has happened? I know that Jeff has said he will explain to all of us what has happened but I do not think his replies and opinions or any other members should be deleted because of negative comments.

phranc

Just a small vote for a rally near the factory. may be a good way to get aquainted.. Any time during mid summer is good for us or early spring..Wifes work schedule does not permit much travel during June or Sept..

Scott

Rally Thoughts

This is Scott from Heartland. I'm not sure what happened to the poll or posts - but I know that we (Heartland) would love to play a part in hosting a RALLY here in Elkhart County where we could provide a number of the things listed above (some meals, some entertainment, some trip planning, some give-aways, some owner's meetings, factory tours, etc.).
If this were to happen, we would need to nail down a date and then come up with a volunteer committee that would help share the responsibilities of planning the event and scheduling the activities.
Now - that's not to say that we wouldn't be a part of any RALLY that you owners would want to hold anywhere else in the country (Branson, etc.) - we would just be much more limited on how much we could participate in those types of rallies.

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING.

ST

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
My first choice would be for a site near Elkhart. My second choice would be for Branson. I think the first rally being close to the factory is an excellent idea for the factory and owners to communicate together.

I have found Heartland to be quite responsive to my comments. One very minor thing is that I did not like the paper type model number that was on the Bighorns. When mine came in, it was a plastic one that looked really good.

Gary F

I too would prefer Elkhart instead of Branson. Understanding that after the Heartland tour, not much to do in Elkhart other then tour addtl RV factories.

Some of our better camping trips had little or nothing to do outside of the immediate campground and if we can get enough of us together, we can entertain our self's with campfires and story-telling plus showing off the RV's and TV's.

Also, maybe we can convince Scott and Company to barbecue for us as-well. Hot dogs, hamburgers and good conversation sure beats the glitter of Branson IMHO.

If planned right, just imagine having both sides of the RV world together for a couple of days. It appears that Heartland "via" the interest of Scott would enjoy a large group of us to be part of this first-ever-event for a relatively new Company.

Count me in for Elkhart and volunteering for set up and event planning.

Flame suit on

davebennington

We are in favor of Elkhart for a rally also. I agree it would be nice to meet and put faces to the other members who have been kind enough to help their fellow Heartland owners out.

Dave:p & Julie:)

Tom of Ypsi

My Landlmark is saying I will go wherever I am towed to:( . Pretty bad for 6 am but checking on all my forums and e-mails before I take off today for another 1 1/2 weeks. I do not carry a cell phone or computer when I go out, like to get away from the everyday problems of the world. Talk to y'all later

jbeletti

Rally Update

I am willing to take the lead for owners in coordinating the first Heartland Owners rally.

There's been some discussion/debate in the last couple of months as to when and where. As with anything, the date and location of this event will not work for everyone. That's understandable.

At this time, for the first-ever Heartland rally, I favor the Elkhart, IN area for a few reasons. One of those reasons is the coordination help and other commitments we can get from the factory. After our first rally, we'll have experience on our side and we'll be able to use that experience to enhance future rallys.

I have engaged the factory (and you may have read Scott Tuttle's posts on this matter) on this and they are game to do a lot of the coordinating as well.

The first thing we'll be doing is locking in a date and location. Once that is set, I will be engaging owners on this forum for ideas and I will enlist an assistant or two to help me.

Stay tuned. Thanks all,

Jim

Gary F

Jim,

As I have posted previously, I will assist in whatever is needed, Lets pick a date.

Thinking out loud - most working folks take their vacations from Saturday to Sunday. I'm thinking that the Factory tour should be on a Monday or Tuesday with the remainder of the week reserved for misc repairs or touring other RV facilities.

For me I would like to make it a two day return trip back to Raleigh from Elkhart, so i would leave out Friday mid-afternoon.

Thoughts ?

Gary F